Oct 23, 2018, 08:30 ET
DUBLIN, Oct. 23, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Water Softeners: Global Markets" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report provides an overview and description of the global market scenario for water softeners. It also includes an analysis of global market trends based on market data from 2017. Using 2017 as the base year, the report provides estimated market data, including compound annual growth rate (CAGR) projections, for the forecast period 2018 through 2023.
Water treatment has changed considerably over the last few decades, and new advances and developments continue to shape the market. With the increasing population and industrial proliferation, the need for clean water is rising. Providing clean water, however, has become increasingly difficult. While the water softener industry is a mature market in Europe and North America, it also needs to adapt and expand. The market is likely to increase in importance as the availability of soft, clean water decreases.
Knowledge of potential solutions for water pollution has become very important, especially when considering the rapidly expanding populations in Africa, South America and Asia, as well as the global increase in pollution. Because of the growing health concerns and disadvantages of hard water, water treatment equipment manufacturers and suppliers are increasingly interested in the water softener market.
Growth is expected to be strongest in the developing world, with countries such as China and India undergoing growth greater than the global average. Increased demand will also be seen in developed countries due to stringent government regulations and the consequent increase in the usage of water softeners. In the water softener market, gains are also likely to be due to the continuous introduction of more sophisticated softening technologies, such as a Wi-Fi equipped water softeners that can be operated from anywhere with a mobile phone.
The market for water softeners is segmented based on type (salt-based, salt-free, magnetic and others), end-use sectors (residential, commercial and industrial), and geographic regions (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the rest of the world). This report covers market drivers, restraints, opportunities and challenges that determine the scope of the market and its trends. There has been a major shift in the global water softener market, which is moving from developed economies (e.g., Europe and the U.S.) to developing economies (e.g., China and India). Continually increasing demand from both developed and developing countries is contributing to the overall expansion of the worldwide water softener market. Industrial growth in the developing economies is a major driver for expansion of the market during the forecast period.
North America is the largest regional market for water softeners and has high growth potential. Growth in the North American region is mainly driven by growing end-use sectors such as residential, commercial and industrial. Additional drivers are the high demand from the rapidly growing power generation, manufacturing, and oil and gas industries.
Salt-based water softeners have wide use in all fields of application. However, the market for salt-based water softeners is being taken over by salt-free water softeners, mainly due to their environmentally friendly properties and lower maintenance costs. Magnetic water softeners and other water softening technologies such as reverse osmosis (RO) are experiencing reasonably good growth, as they cause less pollution, require less maintenance and are less costly.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market Overview
- History of Water Treatment and Water Softeners
- Foreseeable Future Developments
- Government Regulations
- U.S. Regulations
- E.U. Regulations
- Chinese Regulations
- Indian Regulations
- Water Softening Process
- What Is Hard Water?
- Sources of Water Hardness
- Problems Caused by Hard Water
- Water Softening Techniques
- Types of Water Softeners
- Salt-Based Water Softeners (Ion Exchange)
- Salt-Free Water Softeners (Catalytic Media)
- Reverse Osmosis (Ultrafine Filtration Under Pressure)
- Magnetic Water Softeners (Using Magnets)
- Factors Driving the Growth of the Water Softeners Market
- Growing Prevalence of Hard Water Around the World
- Demographics and Economic Growth
- Water Use and Water Pollution
- Growth in Developing Countries
- Technological Improvements
- Regulations and Legislation
- Untreated Wastewater
- Factors Restraining the Growth of the Water Softeners Market
- General Dislike of Chemical Treatment Technologies
- Salt-based Water Softeners are a Threat to the Environment
- Alternate Filtration Technologies Substituting Chemical-Based Water Softening Technologies
- Opportunities in the Water Softeners Market
- Depletion of Freshwater Resources
- Scarcity of Clean Water in Developing and Underdeveloped Countries
Chapter 4 Market Breakdown by Technology
- Water Softener Systems
- Whole-House Water Softeners
- Non-electric Water Softeners
- Metered Water Softeners
- Time Clock Water Softeners
- Types of Water Softeners Based on Water Softening Technique
- Market Size Estimation and Forecast
- Salt-based Water Softeners
- Salt-based Water Softeners by Resin Type
- Salt-Free Water Softeners
- Magnetic Water Softeners
- Other Water Softeners
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown by End Use
Chapter 6 Market Breakdown by Region
Chapter 7 Patent Analysis
Chapter 8 Competitive Landscape
- Business Strategies and Marketing Activities
- Industry Structure
- Market Share Analysis
- Major Water Softener Manufacturers
Chapter 9 Company Profiles
- 3M Co.
- A.O. Smith Water Technologies
- ACE Water Treatment Co. Ltd.
- Advanced Water Softeners Ltd.
- Aquasana, Inc.
- Best Water Technology (Bwt)
- Canature Health Technology Group Co.
- Chungho Nais Co. Ltd.
- Coway Co. Ltd.
- Culligan International Co.
- Ecowater Systems Llc
- Evoqua Water Technologies Llc
- Fontus Water Pvt. Ltd.
- Fountain Softeners
- GE Appliances
- Grunbeck Wasseraufbereitung
- Hague Quality Water International
- Hans Sasserath Gmbh & Co. Kg
- Harvey Water Softeners Ltd.
- Ion Exchange (India) Ltd.
- Kennet Water Ltd.
- Kinetico, Inc.
- Lenntech Bv
- Marlo, Inc.
- Meco, Inc.
- Monarch Water Ltd.
- Organo Corp.
- Parker Boiler Co.
- Pelican Water Systems
- Pentair, Inc.
- Scalemaster Ltd.
- Veolia Water
- Waterboss, Inc.
- Whirlpool Corp.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mdhj4p/global_water?w=5
Did you know that we also offer Custom Research? Visit our Custom Research page to learn more and schedule a meeting with our Custom Research Manager.
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets
Share this article