NEW YORK, Jan. 6 /PRNewswire/ -- GO GREEN EXPO, the nation's premier green business and sustainable lifestyle show known for its innovative and interactive programming, returns to the Los Angeles Convention Center on January 22-24, 2010 for the second year in a row as the first stop on a nationwide tour that also includes New York City, Philadelphia and Atlanta. Following last year's show that reached more than 10,000 attendees, Go Green Expo 2010 will focus on the next steps in environmental responsibility and the growing green revolution.
Go Green Expo invites all business leaders, eco-minded consumers and their families to explore the latest innovations in energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly products and services and participate in interactive seminars featuring leaders in the green industry, local politicians and community organizations. Joining the lineup this year are keynote speeches by actress and holistic living author Mariel Hemingway, award-winning actor and director Ed Begley Jr., industry adored eco futurist John Picard, son of famed Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, Paul Pelosi, Jr., eco-fashion icon Linda Loudermilk and Sarah Backhouse, host of The Planet 100 on Discovery's Planet Green.
Highlights to include:
- Over 300 local and national businesses showcasing products and services in all areas including Business & Electronics; Energy, Conservation & Recycling; Food & Beverage; Health, Beauty & Fashion, Home & Building, Media, Education & Careers, and Travel & Transportation.
- First-ever Go Green Expo Green Career Fair featuring 16 companies such as Coca-Cola Enterprises, ITT Systems, California Solar Innovations, ICF International and Sun Edison. Qualified candidates are invited to discuss positions in fields of sustainability, the growing green economy and the future of green jobs
- Environmental activist, local city and eco-politician Paul Pelosi, Jr. will speak about taking strides in green jobs and the green economy, making the green revolution a reality for all
- The latest in cutting edge and high performance greener transportation including the sleek and chic Tesla Roadster, Honda's 2010 Insight - the most affordable hybrid, the fuel-efficient and surprisingly pet-friendly Honda Element, more Electric Vehicles, Electric Bikes and Converter Kits
- Organic Food & Spirit Pavilion featuring LA's favorite local green restaurants and distillers including Paleta, Blue Hen Restaurant, Ocean Vodka, The Six Restaurant, Fenix Five Four, Vital Zuman Organic Farm and others. Each will focus on an environmentally-responsible menu with eco-cuisine and eco-imbibitions sampling from 12pm-3pm daily
- Screening of top enviro-film "Tapped," an inspiring movie that features an alarming look at the bottled water industry, its rampant growth and damaging effects on the environment, and what's been called the greatest marketing swindle of all time
- Collaboration and co-location with Pet Expo USA, the nation's green pet show. Attendees can peruse eco-friendly pet products from toys to food and bedding to accessories, learn about new pet services, enjoy pet training demonstrations and even adopt a furry friend
- Los Angeles Public School children from LA's BEST artistic creations about what a greener LA looks like to them. The winning piece will be featured in the Los Angeles Times and the finalist will cut the ceremonial Green Ribbon on Saturday morning to kick off the weekend event
- Kids Zone, featuring eco-friendly games, non-toxic art, fun folk music and other earth-loving activities for pint-sized environmentalists
- Complimentary Yoga Classes for people of all ages and experience levels on Saturday and Sunday at 2pm, 3pm and 4pm. Attendees are encouraged to try their hand at this ancient form of exercise and meditation that is known for helping to tune the mind and body
- Opportunity to take the challenge with Indoor Rock Climbing Wall on Saturday and Sunday from 12pm-4pm
- Demonstrations and tastings by Americraft Cookware, whose line of pots and pans utilize the waterless cooking method to make healthier and more nutritious food
- Notable environmental and business leaders will be informing attendees on topics including Green Entrepreneurship, Creating an Eco-logical Home, Energy & Conservation, Sustainable Investing, Green Jobs, Kids Going Green, Healthy Living & Eating, and Eco-Fashion & Lifestyle.
WHERE AND WHEN:
Friday, January 22, 2010 - 10am - 5pm
Tickets are complimentary to Trade Professionals and Corporate Buyers (please bring business card for admission)
Open to Public:
Saturday, January 23, 2010 - 10am - 6pm
Sunday, January 24, 2010 - 10am - 5pm
Adults - Weekend pass for Saturday & Sunday - $10
Children under the age of 12 - Free
Senior citizens (65+) - $5
Students - Please bring Valid Student ID for $5 admission
Los Angeles Convention Center - South Hall J
1201 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90015
Tickets can be purchased online for 1/2 price admission with promo code gge50: www.gogreenexpo.com or at the show. All tickets provide access to the entire exhibit floor, all panel & speakers discussions along with all film presentations.
For exhibiting and sponsorship information please contact:
Seth Berk, Go Green Expo, LLC, (212) 655-4505 x244 or SBerk@GoGreenExpo.com
For press information please contact:
Megan Roarty, organicworks PR, (212) 253-0474 or Megan@organicworkspr.com
Ivy Goldberg, organicworks PR, (212) 253-0474 or Ivy@organicworkspr.com
SOURCE Go Green Expo