CHICO, Calif., Aug. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- This back-to-school season, Santa Cruz Organic® challenges families to think outside the lunch box. According to a January 2013 study by the Organic Trade Association*, eight in ten U.S. parents report they purchase organic products, with 48 percent saying they do so because organic choices are "healthier." As kids begin to head back to school, parents are eager to find simple ways to incorporate more organic products into busy routines. Santa Cruz Organic offers a variety of Certified USDA Organic products that are perfect companions for the new school year.
5 Tips for creating an organic lunch box:
- Get kids involved – Let kids pick out a new fruit and vegetable each week to include in their lunch. They'll be excited to eat the foods they chose.
- PB&J all the way! – No lunch box is complete without the classic PB&J sandwich. Try Santa Cruz Organic Peanut Butters and Fruit Spreads – both made with no artificial preservatives.
- Finger foods – Make lunches exciting with fun and easy finger foods like organic carrot sticks, string cheese and apples. Mix it up by adding different dipping ideas like peanut butter or hummus.
- Teach by example – Educating kids on the importance of fruits and veggies, and introducing them to new flavors starts with you. If you're selecting a wide variety of fruits, vegetables and other organic items your kids will be more willing to try it.
- Keep it simple – Being a super parent doesn't mean making homemade everything. Make your life a little easier by finding products that are individually packaged to make lunch box assembly quicker. Santa Cruz Organic Fruit Sauces and Squeezable Pouches contain no added sugar and each 4-ounce sauce cup or pouch provides 100% RDI of Vitamin C.
As a brand born in the Santa Cruz Mountains, Santa Cruz Organic is committed to doing good for the planet. All Santa Cruz Organic products are Certified USDA Organic, so you can feel good about treating your family. For more organic lifestyle tips, product information and fun facts, visit www.santacruzorganic.com. Santa Cruz Organic is an official participant of The Non-GMO Project.
*Organic Trade Association 2013 U.S. Families Organic Attitudes and Beliefs Study was gathered from 1,239 U.S. households on January 18 – 24, 2013.
About Santa Cruz Organic:
As a pioneer organic brand, Santa Cruz Organic® was the first to have a wide range of organic, 100 percent juices and blends and the first juice processor to use all organic fruit sourced from growers certified by an independent, third-party certification organization. With a history of developing innovative products, Santa Cruz Organic currently offers more than 60 organic items ranging from organic fruit juices and sparkling beverages to organic fruit sauces, chocolate syrups, peanut butters and fruit spreads. Visit www.santacruzorganic.com for more information.
SOURCE Santa Cruz Organic