BIRMINGHAM, Ala., March 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Golf Academy of America, the world's leading two-year golf career college, has announced that a distinguished group of golf industry professionals will serve as its Advisory Board.
The Board's purpose is to serve a source of innovative ideas relating to the school's curriculum, career services and admissions processes and to educate Golf Academy of America faculty in how best to prepare students to thrive in the golf industry. It consists of high-level professionals, from leaders in club management to instruction to administration at the game's highest levels.
Golf Academy of America convened the current Advisory Board at its Orlando campus prior to the 2013 PGA Merchandise Show in January for a meet-and-greet and panel discussion with students.
Advisory Board members in attendance included the following:
- Steve Braley, PGA: noted golf club consultant and former executive with Landmark Golf Management
- Mark Darnell, PGA: retired head golf professional of Augusta National Golf Club
- Perry Dickey, PGA: general manager of Newport Beach (Calif.) Country Club, host of recent Champions Tour Toshiba Classic
- Cathy Harbin, PGA: director of golf revenue for ClubCorp
- Jason Helman, CPGA: Canadian golf instructor and coach; Golf Academy of America alumnus
- Brent Krause, PGA: general manager of Wynlakes Golf & Country Club in Montgomery, Ala.
- Steve Napoli, PGA: general manager of Liberty National Golf Club in Jersey City, N.J.
- Jock Olson, PGA: vice president of ForeTeesOnline Reservation System
- Cindy Rarick, LPGA: former LPGA Tour player
- Brad Redding, PGA: acclaimed top-100 teacher based in Myrtle Beach, S.C.
- Paul Reinking, PGA: former Illinois Professional of the year, member of PGA Board of Directors
- Todd Sones, PGA: acclaimed teacher and "Top 50 Growth of the Game" Teacher according to Golf Range Magazine
- Mike Tinkey: president of the National Golf Course Owners Association
"We are fortunate to be able to interact with men and women who have contributed so much to the golf industry," said Golf Academy of America president Jim Hart. "Our Advisory Board offers decades of experience and insider perspectives on the golf industry that are of great benefit to our students."
SOURCE Golf Academy of America