ROCKVILLE, Md., Feb. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Goodwill is expanding its innovative Beyond Jobs program to provide job training and placement services to unemployed and underemployed women in 45 communities around the country.
The Beyond Jobs program, which is funded through a $7.7 million grant from the Walmart Foundation, was piloted by five Goodwill agencies in 2010. Originally serving 1,342 women, the program is now expected to provide services to 12,250 women.
Throughout the 30-month grant period, Goodwill will link women to the necessary tools to be successful both at work and at home. Beyond Jobs is designed not just to place women in jobs but to give them the tools and skills they need to build family sustaining careers. Support services provided under Beyond Jobs may include financial education, early education and child care assistance, connections to healthy food and nutrition initiatives, and post placement support through counseling, education and family support. Goodwill supports participants even after they earn employment to ensure they can maintain their jobs, advance in their careers and have continued success.
The Goodwill agencies listed below will participate in the expanded Beyond Jobs program.
- Goodwill Industries of Greater New York and New Jersey – Astoria, NY
- Goodwill of North Georgia – Atlanta, GA
- Goodwill Industries of Central Texas – Austin, TX
- Morgan Memorial Goodwill Industries – Boston, MA
- Goodwill of Western and Northern Connecticut – Bridgeport, CT
- Goodwill Industries of Western New York – Buffalo, NY
- Goodwill Columbus – Columbus, OH
- Goodwill Industries of the Southern Rivers – Columbus, GA
- Goodwill Industries of South Texas – Corpus Christi, TX
- Goodwill Industries of Dallas – Dallas, TX
- Goodwill Industries of Greater Detroit – Detroit, MI
- Goodwill Industries of Lane & South Coast Counties – Eugene, OR
- Easter Seals – Goodwill Northern Rocky Mountain – Great Falls, MT
- Goodwill Industries of Upstate/Midlands South Carolina – Greenville, SC
- Goodwill Industries of Hawaii – Honolulu, HI
- Goodwill Industries of Houston – Houston, TX
- Goodwill Industries of KYOWVA Area – Huntington, WV
- Goodwill Industries of North Florida – Jacksonville, FL
- Goodwill Industries of Southwestern Michigan – Kalamazoo, MI
- Goodwill Industries-Knoxville – Knoxville, TN
- Goodwill Industries of Arkansas – Little Rock, AR
- Goodwill, Serving the People of Los Angeles County – Long Beach, CA
- Southern Oregon Goodwill Industries – Medford, OR
- Goodwill Easter Seals of the Gulf Coast – Mobile, AL
- Goodwill Industries of West Michigan – Muskegon, MI
- Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee – Nashville, TN
- Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Louisiana – New Orleans, LA
- Goodwill Industries of Southwest Florida – North Fort Myers, FL
- Goodwill Industries of Southern Nevada – North Las Vegas, NV
- Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois – Peoria, IL
- Goodwill Industries of Northern New England – Portland, ME
- Goodwill Serving the Communities of Hampton Roads and Central Virginia – Richmond, VA
- Goodwill Industries of the Valleys, – Roanoke, VA
- Goodwill Industries of San Antonio – San Antonio, TX
- Goodwill Industries of Orange County, California – Santa Ana, CA
- Goodwill Industries of the Coastal Empire – Savannah, GA
- Goodwill Industries of Michiana – South Bend, IN
- Goodwill Industries of the Inland Northwest – Spokane, WA
- MERS/Missouri Goodwill Industries – St. Louis, MO
- Goodwill Easter Seals Minnesota – St. Paul, MN
- Goodwill Industries – Suncoast – St. Petersburg, FL
- Tacoma Goodwill Industries – Tacoma, WA
- Goodwill Industries of Tulsa. – Tulsa, OK
- Heart of Texas Goodwill Industries – Waco, TX
- Goodwill of Delaware and Delaware County – Wilmington, DE
For more information about Goodwill and the Beyond Jobs program, visit www.goodwill.org.
ABOUT GOODWILL INDUSTRIES INTERNATIONAL
Goodwill Industries International is a network of 165 community-based agencies in the United States and Canada with 14 affiliates in 13 other countries. Goodwill agencies are innovative and sustainable social enterprises that fund job training programs, employment placement services and other community-based programs by selling donated clothing and household items in more than 2,700 stores and online at shopgoodwill.com. Local Goodwill agencies also build revenue and create jobs by contracting with businesses and government to provide a wide range of commercial services, including packaging and assembly, food service preparation, and document imaging and shredding. In 2011, more than 4 million people in the United States and Canada benefited from Goodwill's career services. Goodwill channels 82 percent of its revenues directly into its programs and services. To find a Goodwill location near you, use the online locator at www.goodwill.org, or call (800) GOODWILL. Follow us on Twitter: @GoodwillIntl or find us on Facebook: GoodwillIntl.
ABOUT PHILANTHROPY AT WALMART
Walmart and the Walmart Foundation are committed to helping people live better through philanthropic efforts. By operating globally and giving back locally, Walmart is uniquely positioned to address the needs of the communities it serves and make a significant social impact within its core areas of giving: Hunger Relief and Nutrition, Sustainability, Career Opportunity and Women's Economic Empowerment. Walmart and the Walmart Foundation are leading the fight against hunger in the United States with a $2 billion commitment through 2015. Walmart has donated more than 900 million meals to those in need across the country. To learn more about Walmart's giving, visit foundation.walmart.com.
SOURCE Goodwill Industries International