DALLAS, Feb. 2, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Chef Gorji, of Gorji Gourmet Foods® line of sauces for home cooks, is pleased to announce that they have won 7 more awards in blind judging at 2017 ZestFest and Scovie Award competitions. Arrabiata Diavolo, Puttanesca, Dipping Oil Marinade & Pomegranate Vinaigrette took gold, two silvers and a bronze at ZestFest's Fiery Food Challenge, held January 29, 2017 at the Irving Convention Center. Earlier in the season in Albuquerque, New Mexico at the Scovie Awards, Arrabiata Diavolo, Puttanesca and Dipping Oil Marinade took home gold, silver and bronze in similar blind taste-tests. Professional judges at both spicy, zesty and flavorful food events taste hundreds of sauces, salsas and spicy treats from across the US and internationally to select the category winners.
"Taste, texture and flavor being my focal point, it is gratifying to be granted rewards of this magnitude, especially when it is blind-judging."
All Five Gorji Gourmet Sauces Win Blind Taste-Tests
They have acquired 15 medals including Silver Best New Product 2015, four gold including three coveted Golden Chiles, seven silver and four bronze.
- Pomodoro: clean tasting and vibrant, but not hot; a flavorful base on pizzas, pastas and any recipe using tomato sauce.
- Puttanesca: perfect on any tomato sauce recipe calling for extra "zing".
- Arrabiata Diavolo: the spiciest; adds zesty heat to pasta and pizza, seafood, burgers and wherever the devil makes you do it!
- Dipping Oil/Marinade: olive oil that is perfect as a dipping oil or as a marinade for all kinds of meats, fish, poultry and vegetables. Chef Gorji uses this exclusively in his kitchen at Canary By Gorji.
- Pomegranate Vinaigrette: a lively salad dressing made with olive oil. Ideal for salads, as a light sauce for meats of all kinds, or as a marinade.
All Gorji Gourmet Foods have no added sugar or preservatives.
Chef Gorji developed the Gorji Gourmet Foods® line from recipes he created and regularly cooks with in his kitchen at Canary By Gorji. Gorji Gourmet Foods helps home cooks easily make gourmet tasting dishes without hours of preparation.
Visit chefgorji.com for more information about Gorji Gourmet Foods.
Gorji has been chef-owner of Canary By Gorji, an intimate 8-table restaurant in Dallas, TX for 14 years. He is back-to-back champion of the famed Texas Steak Cookoff in Hico, TX 2004/2005 and has published a debut cookbook, Zing! By Gorji featuring his signature "New Mediterranean" cuisine. Gorji Gourmet Foods®, his sauce line for home cooks, includes Pomodoro, Puttanesca, Arrabiata Diavolo, Pomegranate Vinaigrette, and Dipping Oil/ Marinade. All five have been awarded medals in blind taste-tests.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gorji-gourmet-foods-garners-7-more-awards-in-blind-judging-300401032.html
SOURCE Gorji Gourmet Foods