BERKELEY, Calif., May 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- GPS Dashboard today announced it has launched Check In on salesforce.com's AppExchange, empowering businesses to connect with customers, partners, and employees in entirely new ways. Check In allows companies to locate, and remotely manage their field techs and sales reps automatically in real-time, verifying account visits and on-time arrivals without mobile user interaction. Harnessing the widest reaching location data from Locaid, a leading LaaS (Location-as-a-Service) company, Check In can locate over 400 million mobile devices in the U.S. and Canada, and the app is tightly integrated with Salesforce.
Built on the Salesforce Platform, the world's leading cloud platform for social and mobile business apps, Check In is currently available on the AppExchange at https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000003K37tEAC
Comments on the News
- "Check In is a unique app that helps companies improve operations and become more productive," said Amin Mufti, President, GPS Dashboard. "Tight integration with Salesforce and ease of use is what drives the value of Check In with our customers. With this app, employers can locate any mobile phone on any major US carrier in less than a minute with an easy to manage subscription service that is fully integrated into Salesforce. It is simple to implement and all the data collected exists in the cloud to allow easy and secure access."
- "Locaid's powerful mobile device location services have helped GPS Dashboard produce this unique app," said Rip Gerber, CEO of Locaid. "With the ability to locate virtually every US mobile device owned today, companies can verify the location of all mobile employees to optimize customer service, efficiency and productivity."
- "Companies are looking to connect with customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways," said Leyla Seka, vice president AppExchange and Partner Operations, salesforce.com. "By leveraging the power of the Salesforce Platform, GPS Dashboard provides customers with the right social and mobile cloud technologies – such as location based services - needed to accelerate customer company transformation."
- "This system has become a vital part of our organization," said Sharon Odell, Check In user and Sales Manager. "Regional Managers nationwide are able to track our sales reps in every state, remotely. We can ensure that sales reps reach their required locations, guide reps through a built-in checklist, and track the results of the visit electronically. It has really helped our managers to be on top of schedules, visits and overall productivity."
Connect in Entirely New Ways with Social and Mobile Cloud Technologies
Check In delivers the unique ability to access location information of mobile devices, and is fully integrated into Salesforce. This app is powerful in part because of the wide reach it has through Locaid's relationships with the major carriers in the Americas including AT&T, Bell, Boost Mobile, Cricket, Rogers, Sprint, TELUS, T-Mobile, Verizon and others.
Product Key Features
- Full integration into Salesforce, including Salesforce Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and Chatter.
- Leverages Locaid's LaaS, cloud-based location data.
- Maintains employee privacy - once users opt-in for the service, set business hours for accurate location tracking during the day, and give employees privacy when they are off the clock.
- Locates cell phone locations on any US carrier's network quickly and without the hassle of expensive GPS devices or apps installed on individual handsets.
About the AppExchange
The Salesforce AppExchange is the world's leading business apps marketplace. With more than 1,800 partner apps and 1.7 million customer installs it is the most comprehensive source of social and mobile cloud apps for business. The Salesforce Platform is the world's most trusted and comprehensive cloud platform for building social and mobile cloud apps, powering Salesforce CRM, and more than 3 million custom apps built by customers and partners. Apps built on the Salesforce Platform can be easily distributed and marketed through salesforce.com's AppExchange.
Salesforce, AppExchange and others are trademarks of salesforce.com, Inc.
About GPS Dashboard
Founded in 2011 and based in the San Francisco Bay Area, GPS Dashboard is at the forefront of mobile device location solutions. Amin Mufti, founder of GPS Dashboard, has extensive experience in GPS / Wireless technology and was a co-founder / VP of Business Development for @Road, a market leader in Fleet Tracking/Mobile Resource Management.
Locaid is the world's largest Location-as-a-Service (LaaS) company. Locaid runs "location in the cloud" with the most robust, privacy-protected, multi-source location platform available. Locaid can determine the physical location of your customers, employees or assets, anywhere, instantly. With a footprint that extends to over 4.8 billion connected devices across the globe, including network mobile location on 404 million mobile devices, Locaid helps enterprises and developers be hyper-local, reduce fraud, increase productivity gain consumer insight, comply with regulations, drive revenue and save lives. Locaid is the largest and preferred location gateway for the major carriers in the Americas, including AT&T, Bell, Boost Mobile, Cricket, Rogers, Sprint, TELUS, T-Mobile, Verizon and others. The world's biggest brands, agencies, financial institutions, software companies, enterprise infrastructure providers, mobile app developers and M2M platforms get location from Locaid. Location Matters™. Locate us at http://www.loc-aid.com, @locaid and www.facebook.com/Locaid.