NEW YORK, May 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, GQ's The Gentlemen's Fund, along with Movado, begins its fourth annual Better Men Better World Search to seek out men who are striving for the betterment of society through charitable work, volunteerism, and community involvement. To nominate someone, please visit www.thegentlemensfund.com. GQ will select five nominees as finalists; voters—along with a panel of GQ judges, including guest judge Willie Geist, host of MSNBC's Way Too Early and co-host of Morning Joe—will determine the winner. The winner will then be honored at GQ's Gentlemen's Ball on October 26, 2011, in New York City. The four remaining finalists will also be invited, as guests of Movado, to attend the event. A call to action for the Better Men Better World Search will be featured in the June issue of GQ, on newsstands nationwide May 24, 2011.
How to Enter
- Visit www.thegentlemensfund.com from May 18 until July 6 to submit a short video or essay about your nominee.
- The judging panel will determine five finalists.
- Visit www.thegentlemensfund.com from August 4 until September 21 to vote.
- $10,000 donated by Movado to the winner's accredited charity of choice.
- Promotional feature in GQ.
- A trip with guest to New York City, where the winner will be honored at The Gentlemen's Ball.
- Movado SE® Extreme watch and $2,000 cash.
- $2,500 donated by Movado to the finalist's accredited charity of choice.
- A trip with guest to New York City to attend The Gentlemen's Ball.
- Movado BOLD™ watch.
After nearly 200 nominations and thousands of reader votes, last year's Better Man Better World Search winner was Jimmie Briggs. Briggs, a former journalist, left his award-winning career to start the Man Up Campaign, an initiative dedicated to bringing men together and putting an end to violence against women and girls in all its forms, from domestic violence to sex trafficking.
THE GENTLEMEN'S FUND:
GQ's The Gentlemen's Fund initiative raises awareness for issues that are essential to modern men. Founded in 2007, The Gentlemen's Fund encourages men to become agents of change by supporting charities that champion these causes. Recent Gentlemen's Fund ambassadors have included David Arquette, Adrian Grenier, Josh Duhamel, Jimmy Fallon, Ashton Kutcher, John Legend, Steve Nash, Mark Wahlberg, Forest Whitaker, and Timbaland.
GQ is the leading men's general-interest magazine, with a monthly readership of 6.6 million readers. It is available in print, online at GQ.com, and as an app at iTunes.com and BarnesandNoble.com. The magazine is published by Conde Nast, a division of Advance Publications. Conde Nast operates in twenty-five countries and is the world leader in exceptional content creation.