-Ogilvy & Mather China Triumphs in Outdoor Category –
- Ogilvy & Mather scoop 46 Lions by day two -
CANNES, France, June 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Ogilvy & Mather China has been awarded a Grand Prix in the Outdoor category at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity 2012.
The Grand Prix was awarded for '#CokeHands', a strikingly beautiful piece of creative for Coca Cola. The campaign ran in Shanghai in bus shelters and elevators across the city to build on Coke's 'Open Happiness' initiative.
Ogilvy & Mather China's Chief Creative Officer, Graham Fink said: "This award is a fantastic recognition for Ogilvy Shanghai, and for creativity in China as a whole. Nurturing young talent is hugely important to me and I want Ogilvy & Mather China to be a place that attracts them and gives them opportunities of doing famous work on famous brands. Jonathan Mak Long is a prime example of young talent and it's great that he will be here in Cannes to go up on stage to receive his first Lion - before he has even finished studying."
A further 26 Lions have been awarded to the agency including 3 Golds, 10 silver and 12 Bronze. To see the full list of awards, go to www.canneslions.com.
Tham Khai Meng, Worldwide Chief Creative Officer at Ogilvy & Mather said: "This Grand Prix is truly a great honour for Ogilvy & Mather China, and for the network. We are immensely proud of our achievement."
On the first day of the 2012 Festival, Ogilvy & Mather scooped 19 awards including 5 Golds. Last year the agency took home a haul of 61 Lions.
The International Festival of Creativity, also known as Cannes Lions, is the world's leading celebration of creativity in communications. As the most prestigious international annual advertising and communications awards, more than 28,800 entries from all over the world are showcased and judged at the Festival. Full information about the 2012 Awards and winners can be found at: www.canneslions.com.
Ogilvy & Mather is one of the largest marketing communications companies in the world with 450 offices in 120 countries worldwide. It is also the number one agency in terms of global effectiveness awards.
Project title: #CokeHands
Client: The Coca-Cola Company
Brief: Communicate the spirit of sharing a Coke in a uniquely own-able and iconic manner
Creative agency: Ogilvy & Mather Advertising/Shanghai
Chief Creative Officer: Graham Fink
Designer: Jonathan Mak Long
Account Management: Martin Murphy
Notes to Editors:
Ogilvy & Mather
Ogilvy & Mather is one of the largest marketing communications companies in the world. Through its specialty units, the company provides a comprehensive range of marketing services in-house including: brand advertising; direct marketing; interactive; digital and targeted media; brand identity; retail and in-store promotions; trade/event marketing, public relations; CRM and loyalty marketing; fast-track, low-cost delivery; analytics and research capabilities; strategic partnerships; branded content and entertainment; multicultural marketing, and sustainability marketing. Ogilvy & Mather services Fortune Global 500 companies as well as local businesses through its network of more than 450 offices in 120 countries. It is a WPP company (NASDAQ: WPPGY). For more information, visit www.ogilvy.com.
Facts & Figures
- 18,000 Total employees across the world
- 120 countries
- 450 offices
- More than 50 languages
- The number one agency in three out of the four BRIC countries: Brazil, China and India
- Ogilvy & Mather Asia Pacific recently won Campaign Asia Pacific network of the year
- Ogilvy & Mather winner of Network of the Year at The Clio Awards 2012
- Ogilvy & Mather winner of most effective agency of 2012 in North America –winning 18 Effie Awards including winning the agency of the year award for the second year in a row with 145 points.
Ogilvy & Mather Firsts and Only:
- First ad agency to go public on both the New York and London Stock Exchanges (1966)
- First agency network in the world to establish an interactive capability, the Interactive Marketing Group, forerunner to OgilvyInteractive (1983)
- First western ad agency to officially open in the Soviet Union (1989)
- First agency to win two Grand Prix awards (Cyber and Film) at Cannes for the same campaign – Dove Evolution (2007)
- Cannes 2011 Creative Awards:
- 61 Lions across all categories at the 2011 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity
- 12 Gold
- 17 Silver
- 32 Bronze
- 165 Finalists
- Ogilvy & Mather Argentina was named Direct Agency of the Year and Ogilvy & Mather Brazil took third place in that category.
Follow Ogilvy on Twitter @OgilvyWW #OgilvyCannes
SOURCE Ogilvy & Mather