IRVINE, Calif., Jan. 8, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- World of Children®, a global organization that funds, elevates and educates nonprofit leaders running high-impact programs that exclusively serve the needs of vulnerable children, has announced today their annual call for nominations. Recognized in the media as the "Nobel Prize for Child Advocates," World of Children offers awards in the categories of education, health, humanitarian, protection, and youth. Award benefits include a minimum $75,000 multi-year cash grant provided to the individual's organization, media and educational opportunities, and recognition at the Awards Ceremony & Benefit in New York City in November 2019.
Candidates may submit a nomination application in one of the following categories:
- Education Award - Honors an individual making extraordinary contributions to children in the field of education and learning
- Health Award - Honors an individual making extraordinary contributions to children in the fields of health, medicine, or the sciences
- Humanitarian Award - Honors an individual making extraordinary contributions to children in the fields of social or humanitarian services
- Protection Award (Underwritten by Garcia Family Spotlight Foundation) - Honors an individual making extraordinary contributions to protect children from fear, abuse, and exploitation (including, but not limited to, trafficking, slavery and sexual imposition)
- Youth Award (minimum $25,000 grant) - Honors a young person under the age of 21 who is making extraordinary contributions helping other youth
World of Children receives thousands of nominations each year and uses a uniquely rigorous vetting process to select the top leader in each of the five categories. Each potential Honoree is fully investigated by an independent global security firm to ensure the work they submit on their application is the exactly the work being done in the field and that all financials are in order and reflect the mission of the organization. World of Children is the only nonprofit organization in the world to do this.
Nominations will be accepted online only at worldofchildren.org/nominate from January 7, 2019 through 11:59 ET on March 31, 2019.
About World of Children
World of Children unlocks the future for vulnerable children by funding, elevating and educating the most effective changemakers for children worldwide. Since 1998, the organization has dedicated nearly $14 million to high-impact programs for children, led by nearly 120 Honorees working in over 50 countries.
Media Contact: Kimberly Sanders – firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE World of Children