SALINAS, Calif., Oct. 22, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Green Giant™ Fresh, a leading innovator in value-added fresh produce, has expanded its fresh vegetable offerings with a delicious take on convenient meal bowls. Featuring a growing variety of authentic global flavors, Vegetable Meal Bowls are available in the refrigerated produce section at grocers nationwide at a suggested retail price of $3.99 per bowl.
Experience the interactive Multichannel News Release here: https://www.multivu.com/players/English/8399951-green-giant-fresh-product-line/
Green Giant Fresh Vegetable Meal Bowls are satisfying on their own or can be customized to fit a recipe, diet or taste. Each bowl includes a 100% fresh vegetable base, inspired by the Company's first-to-market Cauliflower Crumbles line and the Vegetable Noodle line, with unique and flavorful sauces and seasoning packets, ranging from sweet and tangy to zesty and savory. To further highlight the versatility of the bowls, Green Giant Fresh has partnered with dietitian and food and nutrition expert Amanda Lemein, MS, RD.
"Eating well and conveniently is a challenging concept but this line of Green Giant Fresh Vegetable Meal Bowls offers an easy way to pack in more nutrients and fiber," Lemein said. "I appreciate that the bowls were created by a company of farmers who understand the importance of growing and eating fresh foods. Vegetable Meal Bowls are perfect for everyone because they're so versatile. They're great to grab and go or stock up for meal planning and are so easily customizable with additional proteins or toppings."
Some Vegetable Meal Bowl varieties are vegan-friendly, and each Vegetable Meal Bowl is gluten-free and packaged in a microwave-safe container. The line includes six delicious varieties:
- Buddha Bowl: featuring crumbled sweet potato, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, roasted chickpeas and tahini sauce
- Burrito Bowl: containing crumbled cauliflower and ancho-chipotle pepper black bean sauce
- "Fried Rice" Bowl: featuring crumbled cauliflower, carrots, onions, broccoli and teriyaki sauce. Microwaving the bowl with an egg enhances the familiar fried flavor of this style of cuisine.
- Pad Thai Bowl: featuring carrot noodles with peanut-flavored sunflower butter sauce
- Ramen Bowl: containing butternut noodles, crumbled cauliflower, carrots, onions, broccoli, roasted edamame and ramen seasoning
- Rancheros Bowl: featuring crumbled sweet potato, cauliflower, kale and green chili sauce. Adding an egg makes for a great breakfast option.
Lemein suggests eggs, tofu, beans, avocado and meat as potential toppings to add even more variety to one's favorite bowls.
"Whether on-the-go or limited for time, there's no reason to forego nutrition or flavor, and that's why we continue to explore new ways to encourage balanced and vegetable-based eating with our growing product offering of fresh vegetables," said Jaime Strachan, CEO of Green Giant Fresh. "We were the first to create Cauliflower Crumbles as a rice substitute, and we are proud to bring our new Vegetable Meal Bowl line to consumers as another way to enjoy our high-quality fresh vegetables."
For years, Green Giant Fresh has been developing meal-ready products to help consumers eat healthier. The new Vegetable Meal Bowls join the Green Giant Fresh brand's existing line of Cauliflower Crumbles® Chopped Vegetables, Vegetable Noodles and more. For more information, please visit greengiantfresh.com and share your meal bowl creations with #GreenGiantFresh. The Green Giant Fresh name and logo are used under license.
SOURCE Green Giant™ Fresh