SALT LAKE CITY, July 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Grow America, provider of Grow America Springboard™ competitions to uplift and support entrepreneurs, today announced five regional kick-off events for the Utah Fall competition. Kick-off events provide opportunities for participants and other entrepreneurs to meet and hear experts on entrepreneurism and to learn more about how to enter and participate in Utah's Fall competition. Entries open Monday, July 23, for the Fall competition, which will be the second and final competition in 2012.
Grow America noted that entrepreneurs must have participated in either the Spring or the Fall competition in 2012 to qualify for entrance in the Grow America Springboard Championship in early 2013.
"Grow America's Springboard competitions provide opportunities to support entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial companies, with a mission to create new jobs and strengthen local economies," said Founder Alan E. Hall. "We invite anyone with a great idea and an entrepreneurial spirit to participate in the Utah Fall competition, which is their final 2012 opportunity to qualify for the Grow America Springboard Championship in early 2013."
The Fall kick-off events are as follows:
- July 23, 2012 - Salt Lake City, Utah. Zions Bank Founders Room, 7:00 - 9:00 pm. Keynote: Richard Swart, Executive Vice President, Grow America, with participation of Beth Holbrook, Director, Zions Business Resource Center. Connecting Ideas and Opportunities
- July 25, 2012 - Lehi, Utah. Mountainland Applied Technology College, 7:00-9:00 pm. Keynote: John Richards. My Life Lessons As an Entrepreneur
- July 26, 2012 - Logan, Utah. Utah State University, Keynote: Mike Glauser. Strategies and Lessons for Successful Entrepreneurs
- Aug. 1, 2012 - Ogden, Utah, South Ogden Zions Bank Office, 7:00 - 9:00 pm. Keynote: Alex Lawrence, Vice Provost Innovation and Economic Development, Weber State University, Contributor to StartupFlavor and Forbes. What I've Learned from my Mistakes as an Entrepreneur
- Aug. 3, 2012 - St. George, Utah. Dixie State College, Dunford Auditorium, Noon - 2:00 p.m. Keynote: Alan Hall, Founder, Grow America, with special thanks to Jill Ellis, Director of Southern Utah USTAR, Characteristics of Successful Entrepreneurs.
The Grow America Springboard Kick-off Events are free. To register, go to http://www.GrowAm.com/launch.
To enter the Utah Fall competition, go to www.GrowAm.com. Entries begin July 23. Awards for the Fall competition will take place during the Grow America Springboard show and expo in the Utah Salt Palace on November 1.
Premiering in Utah, Grow America is a national company with regionalized programs providing $1 million in cash awards and services during its 2012 Utah competition events. Grow America competitions uplift and support entrepreneurs to create new jobs and strengthen local economies.
All participants in Grow America Springboard receive the opportunity to benefit and participate from networking events and opportunities to connect with potential business mentors and investors.
Grow America Springboard's founding partners include: Zions Bank, Comcast, Comcast Spotlight, KUTV2 (Utah), The JAZZ and KJZZ.
About Grow America
Grow America is a national company with a mission to create jobs and lift local economies. Grow America aligns the partners, mentors and capital that entrepreneurs need to create and grow tomorrow's successful companies. Beyond the creation and expansion of early stage and growth companies, Grow America's ultimate goal is to put America back to work, one company and one community at a time. For more information visit www.growam.com and connect to @GrowAm and @AskAlanEHall.
tags: entrepreneurs, economic development, start-ups, business accelerator, business
mentoring, business resources, funding
SOURCE Grow America