TAMPA, Fla., Oct. 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- On Oct. 15, International Credit Union Day, GTE Financial, one of Florida's largest credit unions, launched its newest online banking innovation, "GTE 3D," which allows users to experience and access GTE's financial services and expert guides through a totally customized web experience.
"At GTE Financial, we constantly challenge ourselves to reimagine financial services and create engaging, informative ways to serve our members. That was our objective in creating GTE 3D," says Joe Brancucci, GTE Financial president and CEO. "This is a first of its kind platform in the financial services industry, which invites members and prospective members to create their own virtual, personalized experience in the form of an avatar that can interact with GTE staff and other "visitors" while they educate themselves and access services of interest to them."
GTE 3D, a virtual world accessible 24/7/365 via desktop computer, offers the following capabilities:
- After registering and creating their avatar, visitors can explore 10 GTE services and products such as auto and home loans, investments, insurance and financial literacy information within a virtual Community Financial Center setting.
- Visitors can apply for membership, open an account and apply for loans.
- Live chat is available with GTE staff (Virtual Advocates), who can respond to questions and help direct visitors through the experience. Chat content can also be saved and downloaded in PDF format.
- The GTE 3D auditorium offers live events, seminars, webinars and other content as well as on an on-demand basis. Visitors can also download "library" content.
- Visitors can converse and even exchange business cards with others who are logged into GTE 3D.
- As GTE 3D becomes familiar with visitors, it can follow up with them to provide additional information on their individual interests.
"GTE 3D is a huge step forward in the evolving virtual financial services world," says Brancucci. "Involving our members in new ways to that make their relationship with us more convenient, personal and informative is always our objective."
About GTE Financial:
GTE Financial is a not-for-profit financial cooperative with more than $1.7 billion in assets and 22 Community Financial Centers located throughout West Central Florida and now a virtual Community Financial Center through GTE 3D. Chartered in 1935, GTE Financial is now celebrating its 80th anniversary. GTE Financial is locally owned and operated in the Tampa Bay area, serving more than 234,000 individuals and businesses. More information on GTE Financial can be found at www.gtefinancial.org.
RFB Communications Group
SOURCE GTE Financial