WABAN, Mass., June 23, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Based on a study of 10,000 U.S consumers, H-E-B, Publix, Chick-fil-A, and Trader Joe's took the top four spots in the 2015 Temkin Emotion Ratings, which rates how customers feel about their interactions with 293 companies across 20 industries. The next seven companies at the top of the ratings are USAA, Aldi, Hy-Vee, PetSmart, Dairy Queen, Walgreens, and Amazon.com.
At the other end of the effort spectrum, the lowest scoring companies in the Temkin Emotion Ratings are Coventry Health Care, Comcast (for TV service and Internet service), Time Warner Cable (for TV service and Internet service), Charter Communications, Cox Communications, and CIGNA.
To calculate the Temkin Emotion Ratings, Temkin Group asks consumers to rate their recent interactions with companies on a scale from upset to delighted.
"It's clear that consumers often feel poorly after interacting with TV service providers and internet service providers, but they enjoy many interactions with supermarkets, fast food restaurants, and retailers," states Bruce Temkin, managing partner of Temkin Group.
The Temkin Emotion Ratings are a component of the overall Temkin Experience Ratings. Additional highlights include:
- Supermarkets, fast food chains, retailers, parcel delivery services, and hotels earned average scores of "good," while TV service providers and Internet service providers earned average ratings of "very poor."
- Georgia Power, USAA(banking, credit cards, and insurance), TriCare, JetBlue, Optimum, Amazon.com, Lexus, Regions, Kaiser Permanents, Cablevision, and credit unions all earned Temkin Emotion Ratings that are more than 10 points ABOVE their industry averages.
- Coventry Health Care, Spirit Airlines, Fox Rent A Car, Consolidated Edison of NY, Hitachi, BB&T, Blackboard, Consumers Energy Company, Sears, Dollar Rent A Car, Bi-Lo, Comcast, and Jeep all earned ratings that are 12 or more points BELOW their industry averages.
- Seven companies increased by 10 or more points from last year: US Cellular, DHL, Residence Inn, Hampton Inn, JetBlue, Hilton, Westin, Fifth Third, Dodge, and Marriott.
- Thirteen companies dropped by 10 or more points from last year: Subaru, Buick, TD Ameritrade, Audi, Advantage, True Value, Fujitsu, Hitachi, Best Buy, E*TRADE, Time Warner Cable, Blue Shield of CA, and AOL.
In its fifth year of publication, the 2015 Temkin Emotion Ratings examines how consumers feel about interactions with companies across 20 industries: airlines, auto dealers, banks, computer and tablet makers, credit card issuers, fast food chains, health plans, hotel chains, insurance carriers, Internet service providers, investment firms, major appliance makers, parcel delivery services, rental car agencies, retailers, software firms, supermarket chains, TV service providers, utilities, and wireless carriers.
The 2015 Temkin Emotion Ratings are a component of the Temkin Experience Ratings, which along with other ratings can be accessed at the Temkin Ratings website, www.TemkinRatings.com.
Detailed datasets for the 2015 Temkin Emotion Ratings can be downloaded from the Customer Experience Matters® blog, at ExperienceMatters.wordpress.com.
About Temkin Group: Temkin Group is widely recognized as a leading customer experience research and consulting firm. Many of the world's largest brands rely on its insights and advice to steer their transformational journeys. Temkin Group combines customer experience thought leadership with a deep understanding of the dynamics of organizations to help accelerate results. Rather than layering on cosmetic changes, Temkin Group helps companies embed practices within their culture by building four critical competencies: Purposeful Leadership, Employee Engagement, Compelling Brand Values, and Customer Connectedness. The firm's ongoing research identifies leading and emerging best practices across a wide range of activities for engaging the hearts and minds of customers, employees, and partners. For more information, contact Bruce Temkin at 617-916-2075 or send an email.
Customer Experience Matters is a registered trademark of Temkin Group.
SOURCE Temkin Group