OAKLAND, Calif., May 31, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Crunchy roasted almonds, tender ripe blackberries, simmered blueberries and fresh peaches set the stage for the Häagen-Dazs brand's newest indulgences. True to the tradition of crafting ice creams made like no other®, the brand has taken diverse cues from at home and abroad to develop one-of-a-kind creations that delight your senses.
"This year we really focused on flavor experiences when looking for inspiration and ideas," said Gulbin Hoeberechts, Haagen-Dazs Brand Director. "A slice of holiday pie, a bite of fresh fruit from the orchard, a visit to the ice cream parlor, a trip to India – all of these led to the creation of our 2011 flavors and new sundae cones."
Perfect for creating unique moments, the following are currently available nationwide:
- Haagen-Dazs® Caramel Apple Pie Ice Cream: Apple ice cream and diced fresh apple swirled with caramel and chunks of flakey pie crust. Flavor Top Notes: Ripe apple, buttery cinnamon. Flavor Finish Notes: Tart, sweet apple, smooth caramel.
- Haagen-Dazs® Blueberry Crumble Ice Cream: Dense blueberry ice cream with rich, buttery cobbler crust crumbles. Flavor Top Notes: Bright, ripe blueberries. Flavor Finish Notes: Sweet cream, tart fruit, buttery cobbler crust.
- Haagen-Dazs® Cranberry Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream: Rich, creamy pumpkin ice cream is balanced with swirls of tart cranberry filling, then lightly spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg – a holiday classic. Flavor Top Notes: Warm pumpkin pie, a zing of nutmeg. Flavor Finish Notes: Tangy cranberry with a hint of spice.
- Haagen-Dazs® Sweet Chai Latte Ice Cream: Aromatic chai tea with rich, creamy ice cream. Flavor Top Notes: Warm cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, and anise. Flavor Finish Notes: Mellow cream with a tingle of lingering spice.
- Haagen-Dazs® Spiced Peach Crumble Ice Cream (Walmart exclusive): Peak-flavor peaches are cooked to perfection, lightly spiced and stirred into sweet cream with nuggets of buttery crust. Flavor Top Notes: Fruity peaches, warm nutmeg and cinnamon. Flavor Finish Notes: Lingering butter and sweet summer peach.
- Haagen-Dazs® Vanilla Chocolate Sundae Cones: We line a crispy waffle cone with milk chocolate, fill it with our signature vanilla ice cream and drizzle with rich chocolate sauce, then generously sprinkle on roasted almond pieces. Flavor Top Notes: A snap of rich cocoa and crunchy roasted almonds. Flavor Finish Notes: Crispy cone, milk chocolate, sweet cream.
- Haagen-Dazs® Vanilla Caramel Sundae Cones: We tuck our signature vanilla ice cream into a crisp, milk chocolate-lined waffle cone, drizzle it with ribbons of smooth caramel and top it off with a generous sprinkle of roasted almond pieces. Flavor Top Notes: Golden buttery caramel and crunchy roasted almonds. Flavor Finish Notes: Crispy cone, milk chocolate, sweet cream.
- Haagen-Dazs® Chocolate Almond Frozen Yogurt: Crunchy roasted almonds are sliced and blended with rich, indulgent chocolate frozen yogurt.
- Haagen-Dazs® Blackberry Cabernet Sorbet: Tender, ripe blackberries and the distinctive flavor of cabernet grapes combine to create this dark, intense sorbet.
Two new flavors are now available in Haagen-Dazs® Single Serve Cups: Haagen-Dazs Caramel Cone ice cream and Haagen-Dazs Rum Raisin ice cream. For when you only need a few spoonfuls of frozen bliss, Haagen-Dazs single serve cups are the same delectable ice cream, low fat frozen yogurt and fat free sorbet from the Haagen-Dazs brand, but in a perfect, 3.6 oz, single serve size.
All flavors are currently available on store shelves with a suggested retail price of: $4.69 per 14-oz. carton, $5.49 per five-cone carton and $1.39 per 3.6-oz. cup. For local availability, please visit www.Haagen-Dazs.com and use the flavor finder® at the bottom of the page to search local retail stores.
Crafted in 1960 by Reuben Mattus in his family's dairy, Haagen-Dazs is the original superpremium ice cream. True to tradition, Haagen-Dazs is committed to using only all-natural ingredients in crafting the world's finest ice cream. Truly made like no other, today Haagen-Dazs ice cream offers a full range of products from ice cream to sorbet, frozen yogurt and frozen snacks in more than 65 flavors. Haagen-Dazs products are available around the globe for ice cream lovers to enjoy. For more information, please visit www.Haagen-Dazs.com
Nestle Dreyer's Ice Cream Company is part of Nestle USA, and is owned by Nestle S.A. of Vevey, Switzerland, the world's largest nutrition, health and wellness company. Nestlé Dreyer's Ice Cream Company manufactures, markets and distributes a full spectrum of ice cream and frozen snacks. The company's premium products are marketed under the Dreyer's brand name throughout the Western states and Texas, and under the Edy's® brand name throughout the remainder of the United States. Brands manufactured or distributed in the United States include Dreyer's/Edy's® Grand, Slow Churned®, Dibs®, MAXX, Fruit Bars, Nestle Crunch®, Drumstick®, Butterfinger®, Toll House®, Push-Up®, Frosty Paws®, Eskimo Pie®, Skinny Cow™ and Haagen-Dazs®. Internationally, the Dreyer's brand extends to select markets in the Far East and the Edy's brand extends to the Caribbean and South America. For more information on the company, please visit www.nestleusa.com.
In the U.S., the Haagen-Dazs trademark is licensed to Nestle by General Mills.
© HDIP, Inc.
Diane McIntyre, the Haagen-Dazs brand
510.601.4338, [email protected]
Sara Kerns, Ketchum
415.984.6229, [email protected]
SOURCE The Haagen-Dazs Brand