SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Black Hat, the world's leading family of information security events, highlights some of the nearly 50 high-intensity Briefings selected for Black Hat Europe 2014. Returning for its 14th year, Black Hat Europe will welcome the world's brightest information security professionals and researchers to reveal vulnerabilities that impact everything from the latest mobile and consumer devices to critical international infrastructure. This year's show will run October 14-17 at the Amsterdam RAI. For more information and to save €200 on your Briefings Pass by August 29, please visit http://www.blackhat.com/eu-14/.
This fall Black Hat Europe will host the global security community for two days of intensely technical Trainings followed by two days of timely and highly relevant Briefings.
A few highlights from the Black Hat Europe 2014 Briefings selected:
- Ripping off smart meters with firmware and hardware reverse engineering, cutting down the power supply with remote commands
- Threats to mobile devices such as taking over the built-in gyroscopes of most Android and iOS devices to eavesdrop on conversations or hiding malicious Android applications in images
- Hacking ATMs by impersonating the ATM host and connecting to the individual devices of the machine utilizing a small computer like Raspberry Pi
- Analyzing the future of quantum computing where ALL communications will be at risk of eavesdropping and only new quantum encryption can ensure privacy
Black Hat Trainings:
In addition to the world-class Briefings schedule, Black Hat Europe 2014 will offer eight deeply technical hands-on Training sessions led by some of the most sought after security experts in the field. Running October 14-15, the Trainings offer a separate set of courses to attendees on everything from Wi-Fi penetration testing to building and attacking SCADA systems. For more information and to save €200 on your selected course(s) with early registration prices by August 29, visit: https://www.blackhat.com/eu-14/training/.
Black Hat Student Scholarships:
This year Black Hat Europe also proudly announces the launch of the Student Scholarship Program. As a way to introduce the next generation of security professionals to the Black Hat community, a limited number of complimentary Academic Passes will be awarded for Black Hat Europe 2014. Qualified students may submit essays by September 12, 2014. For more information and requirements, visit: https://www.blackhat.com/eu-14/student-scholarship-program.html.
Sponsors of Black Hat Europe 2014 include: Diamond Sponsors: Juniper Networks and RSA and Platinum Sponsor: Palo Alto Networks.
Future Black Hat Dates and Events
- Black Hat Europe 2014, Amsterdam RAI Convention Center, Amsterdam, NL, Oct. 14-17, 2014
- Black Hat Regional Summit, Transamerica Expo Center, Sao Paulo, Brazil, November 25-26, 2014
- Black Hat Trainings, Bolger Center, Potomac, MD, December 8-11, 2014
- Black Hat Asia 2015, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore, March 24-27, 2015
- Black Hat USA 2015, Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, Nevada, August 1-6, 2015
About Black Hat
For more than 17 years, Black Hat has provided attendees with the very latest in information security research, development, and trends. These high-profile global events and trainings are driven by the needs of the security community, striving to bring together the best minds in the industry. Black Hat inspires professionals at all career levels, encouraging growth and collaboration among academia, world-class researchers, and leaders in the public and private sectors. Black Hat Briefings and Trainings are held annually in the United States, Europe and Asia, and are produced by UBM Tech. More information is available at: http://www.blackhat.com.
About UBM Tech
UBM Tech is a global media business that brings together the world's technology communities through live events, online properties and custom services. UBM Tech's community-focused approach provides its users and clients with expertly curated research, education, training, community advocacy, user-generated content and peer-to-peer engagement opportunities that serve the Electronics, Security, Enterprise IT and Communications, Network Infrastructure and Applications, Game and App Developers, and Tech Marketing communities. UBM Tech's brands include Black Hat, DesignCon, EE Times, Enterprise Connect, Game Developers Conference (GDC), HDI, InformationWeek, and Interop. Create, a UBM Tech full range marketing services division, includes custom events, content marketing solutions, community development and demand generation programs based on its content and technology market expertise. UBM Tech is a part of UBM (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion. For more information, go to http://tech.ubm.com.
SOURCE UBM Tech