NEW YORK, Oct. 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Happy Family, a leading premium organic food brand delivering optimal nutrition for babies, toddlers and beyond, is proud to announce that Happy Family is growing with the launch of the new Happy Mama Prenatal collection! Thoughtfully made with a variety of nourishing ingredients to nurture Mom and Baby, the Happy Mama Prenatal collection includes Nourishing Fruit + Veggie Blends, Probiotic Supplements, Gummies and Soft-Baked Oat Bars. Happy Family is the first organic baby food brand to expand into the prenatal category.
The Happy Family mission is to change the trajectory of children's health through nutrition by partnering with Mom from the beginning of her journey from prenatal to baby and beyond. The Happy Mama Prenatal collection makes it easy for both Mom and Baby to get the essential nutrition needed during the First 1,000 Days—a vital window that lasts from pregnancy to age two—which will forever define Baby's wellness blueprint. The collection is composed of nourishing snacks with added benefits and supplements that provide additional nutrients pregnant Moms need, but may not always get from their diet or prenatal multi-vitamin alone, including:
- The most abundant Omega-3 fatty acid in the brain, DHA is especially important for helping Baby's brain development and function. Most nutritionists recommend at least 300mg of DHA per day during pregnancy1; most pregnant women often do not get enough of this nutrient in a standard prenatal vitamin alone.*
*Leading prenatal vitamins provide less than 300mg per serving (IRI, L52W, September 2015)
- Part of the B-vitamin complex, Choline helps support Baby's brain and eye health.
- Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body and a must-have for supporting both Mom's and Baby's bone health while in womb. Having less than the necessary DV of Calcium can cause detriment to Mom's bones during pregnancy and while breastfeeding.2
- One of our essential minerals, Vitamin D promotes Calcium absorption in the bones for healthy growth and maintenance.
- Probiotics are good live bacteria. Our strains help support new Mom's defense system when taken during pregnancy and help Baby's developing immune system.
"We're thrilled to be the first organic baby food brand to expand into this category and continue to help moms and babies live the happiest, healthiest lives possible," said Shazi Visram, founder, CEO and chief mom of Happy Family Brands. "Happy Family's mission has always been to positively impact children's health through nutrition and now with the Happy Mama Prenatal line, we are partnering with Mom to provide the essentials for Baby from the very beginning of the journey through the First 1,000 Days."
The Happy Mama Prenatal collection is available exclusively at Target in the Women's Healthcare aisle as part of the Made to Matter—Handpicked by Target™ product collection of 31 socially responsible brands. The new collection features:
- Happy Mama Prenatal Nourishing Fruit + Veggie Blends are perfect for healthy on-the-go snacking and easily fit into any size bag to help curb sudden hunger pangs. Packaged in convenient pouches, these blends feature wholesome, organic fruits & vegetables, thoughtfully formulated with DHA, Choline and Calcium to help support Mom and Baby. They are available in two flavors: apple and carrot with soothing ginger and apple, kale and kiwi with soothing ginger. Individual Happy Mama Prenatal Nourishing Fruit + Veggie Blends (4 oz. pouches) are available for $1.79 MSRP; a 4-pack of 4 oz. pouches is available for $6.49 MSRP (apple and carrot only).
- Happy Mama Prenatal Probiotic Supplement blends two probiotic strains to help provide support new Mom's natural defense system when taken during and after pregnancy, and also to help support Baby's developing immune system. Containing 8 billion active cultures, the Happy Mama Prenatal Probiotic Supplement is flavor-free and easily dissolves in cold beverages or soft foods. A 15-pack of 0.8 oz. Happy Mama Prenatal Probiotic Supplement packets is available for $9.49 MSRP.
- Happy Mama Prenatal Gummies are delicious supplements formulated to complement her prenatal vitamin and provide extra essential nutrition that she may not be getting otherwise. Made with natural flavors, Happy Mama Prenatal Gummies contain three flavors: lemon, berry and orange. Each bottle contains 81 gummies (3 gummies per serving) and is available for $14.99 MSRP.
- Happy Mama Prenatal Soft-Baked Oat Bars blend gluten-free whole grain oats, organic fruits and vegetables and essential nutrients including DHA, Choline and Calcium. Designed for easy on-the-go snacking, Happy Mama Soft-Baked Oat Bars are available in two great-tasting flavors: blueberry and beet, and carrot, raisin and cinnamon. Joining the collection in January, individual Happy Mama Soft-Baked Oat Bars (1.58 oz.) will be available for $1.99 MSRP; a 5-pack of 1.58 oz. bars will be available for $9.49 MSRP.
For additional information on Happy Family Brands, please visit www.happyfamilybrands.com. For additional information about the Made to Matter—Handpicked by Target™ product collection, please visit www.target.com/made-to-matter.
About Happy Family
Launched on Mother's Day 2006, Happy Family® is one of the first organic brands to offer a complete line of nutritious foods for babies', toddlers', and kids' growing bodies – and now mom too! Constantly innovating, Happy Family has been a pioneer in the industry, adding probiotics and extra nutrition to many of its products—like Salba®, the super chia, as well as plant-based DHA and Choline for brain growth and eye health—whenever possible. Happy Family has been consistently recognized for its dynamic team and its extraordinary growth and innovation, including winning Food Processing Magazine's R&D Team of the Year, being named by Forbes as one of America's most promising companies; and most recently, Shazi Visram, CEO and Founder of Happy Family, being named a member of the Young Global Leader Class of 2013 by the World Economic Forum. Happy Family believes that every baby deserves to be a happy baby. Since its launch, the company has underwritten more than 1 million meals through Project Peanut Butter, a nonprofit that helps to feed starving children in Africa. For more information, about Happy Family, connect on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and visit www.happyfamilybrands.com.
Jessica Weeg, Havas Formula
(646) 762-8724 / firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Happy Family