DETROIT, Oct. 16, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- HAP is ready for the Medicare Annual Enrollment season with more affordable Medicare Advantage plans to help Michigan's 2.1 million Medicare beneficiaries get the best care for their health care dollar. Medicare Annual Enrollment starts on Oct. 15 and runs through Dec. 7, 2018.
HAP's enhanced benefits are why HAP is ranked as the No. 1 Medicare Advantage Plan provider in the CMS Medicare Plan Finder. The Plan Finder is an Internet-based tool on Medicare.gov that helps Medicare beneficiaries find, view and compare health insurance plans in their geographic area. Top rankings are based on affordability and supplemental benefits offered by health plans.
"HAP is working hard to offer affordable plans to meet the growing needs of Medicare beneficiaries and collaborating with our members to offer the benefits and services they've asked for," said Margaret Anderson, chief sales and marketing officer, HAP. "People are living longer, more productive lives, and at HAP, we've enhanced our Medicare Advantage benefits significantly to help those over 65 live full, active and healthy lives. Medicare-eligible individuals will find HAP's 2019 plans very attractive."
HAP's new supplemental benefits will help members save money. Benefits for 2019 include the following:
- New over-the-counter allowance – HAP Medicare members are now eligible for up to $400 per year to purchase over-the-counter items like aspirin, cough and cold medication, diabetic socks, blood pressure monitors and incontinence supplies.
- Florida visitor/travel benefit – HAP members who frequently travel to Florida will like the new visitor/travel benefit that extends coverage to Florida for up to 6 months. Members just need to let HAP know when they will be in Florida and their cost sharing will be the same as it is in Michigan. This benefit is available for members on select Medicare Advantage HMO plans.
- New $0 annual physical exam – Available for members once per calendar year.
- New $0 telehealth services – Provides 24/7 access to a doctor using a computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Vision benefits – A $0 copay for routine eye exams and an enhanced $100 allowance for vision care to help pay for eyeglass frames and contacts.
- Dental benefits – A $0 copay for preventive health services that include an annual dental exam, cleaning and x-ray.
- Hearing benefits – Medicare Advantage members with hearing care needs will have a $0 copay for routine exams, evaluations and fittings. They will also have a copay for hearing aids, one per ear annually, with up to four levels of hearing aid technology available.
- Wellness services – With Silver&Fit, all of HAP's Medicare Advantage members have the option of using a fitness center, home fitness kit, a mobile app or fitness device for a $0 annual fee. Dozens of fitness centers are participants, including some Curves and Anytime Fitness facilities.
- Medicare Preferred Value Pharmacy Network – HAP's new Medicare Preferred Value Network offers reduced Part D prescription drug copays when using a Preferred Pharmacy, which include Henry Ford and CVS Pharmacies. Members will continue to have access to the full HAP Medicare Advantage Pharmacy network. Henry Ford Pharmacy Advantage will continue to be the mail order and specialty pharmacy option.
- New $0 Medicare HMO – HAP Primary Choice Medicare HMO is an innovative partnership between HAP, United Physicians and Oakland Southfield Physicians and is available for Medicare-eligible residents in Macomb, Oakland and Wayne counties. It has a $0 premium and $0 copay for preventive services while offering access to 400 of the highest-rated PCPs in metro Detroit and HAP's full network of specialists and care facilities.
Personal Advice from the Experts
Many people age 65 and over will spend time deciding on the best plan for their needs. During Medicare Annual Enrollment, individuals can get advice from HAP experts at select CVS and Henry Ford Health System locations. These experts are available most weekdays, as well as some weeknights and weekends. Visit HAP on Facebook for a complete list of times and locations.
HAP is also hosting dozens of free Medicare workshops from now until the end of the year to help those who qualify for Medicare understand their options. Those interested in participating in these workshops should visit hap.org/events to register.
HAP Medicare representatives are available for face-to-face meetings at HAP's Detroit and Southfield locations from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, and at HAP's Flint location from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Phone representatives are available at (833) 923-1633 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week. Visit hap.org/PR-Medicare for more information.
About Health Alliance Plan
Health Alliance Plan (HAP) is a Michigan-based, nonprofit health plan that provides health coverage to individuals and companies of all sizes. For nearly 60 years, HAP has partnered with leading doctors and hospitals, employers and community organizations to enhance the health and well-being of the lives we touch. HAP offers a product portfolio with six distinct product lines: Group Insured Commercial, Individual, Medicare, Medicaid, Self-Funded and Network Leasing. HAP excels in delivering award-winning preventive services, disease management and wellness programs, and personalized customer service. For more information, visit hap.org.
Editor's note: High resolution photos to accompany this story are available for download at hap.org/news.
Health Alliance Plan (HAP)
Health Alliance Plan (HAP)
Y0076_ALL 2019_1 PR Plans CMS Accepted 10/16/2018
SOURCE Health Alliance Plan (HAP)