MEMPHIS, Tenn., Oct. 13 /PRNewswire/ -- Although it may cause dry skin and spotted dishes, hard water is safe to drink, clean with and bathe in. But when the water is heated and its minerals re-crystallize, it can damage plumbing systems and water-using appliances.
To help prevent hard water damage, ARS/Rescue Rooter®, a privately held, nationwide provider of plumbing, drain cleaning, air conditioning and heating, recommends installing a water softener*.
Salt-based vs. Salt-free water softeners
- Salt-based water softeners substitute salt for calcium, magnesium and other hard minerals.
- These water softeners must be regenerated regularly by adding more salt to the water, which can be costly, corrosive to pipes and harmful to the environment.
- Due to over-salinization of public water, California is considering banning salt-based water softeners.
- Salt-free water softening systems, which soften water without increasing the salinity of public water, are available.
Additional Water Softener Considerations
- Have the "hardness" of your water evaluated and buy a system that meets your needs.
- Purchase a water softening system scaled to the amount of water you use. Check your water bill for details about your usage.
- If your water is iron rich, make sure the system can remove it.
For more information, visit http://www.rescuerooter.com/plumbing-repair/watersoft.aspx.
*Water softeners are not recommended in all areas. Please ask a local plumbing professional about using water softeners in your city.
ARS provides air conditioning, heating, indoor air quality, plumbing, drain cleaning and sewer line services across the United States. Based in Memphis, Tenn., American Residential Services L.L.C. has approximately 4,000 employees.
ARS operates a network of more than 60 company operated, locally managed service locations spanning 24 states and the District of Columbia. United by exceptional service, the ARS Network serves both residential and light commercial customers through a knowledgeable team of trained specialists. Providing elevated service and ensuring the highest standards of quality, ARS has the experience to do any job right – the first time, with all work fully guaranteed.
The company is growing nationwide, both organically and through acquisitions, with recent acquisitions including: Conway Services in Memphis, TN; Dallas-based Efficient Attic Systems; Air-Trol Heating and Air Conditioning of Indianapolis; Atlanta-based Universal Heating and Cooling; Heating and Air Conditioning Services of Boston; and 24/7 Service Corporation of Las Vegas, which operates Yes! Air Conditioning, Yes! Plumbing and Sunset Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning.
American Residential Services L.L.C. is owned by CI Capital Partners LLC, Royal Palm Capital Partners Inc., and management. CI Capital Partners LLC, www.cicapllc.com, is a New York-based private equity firm. Royal Palm Capital Partners Inc., www.rpcp.com, is a private equity investment and management firm and, through its affiliates, the owner of publicly and privately held companies.
Director of Marketing and Customer Satisfaction
ARS / Rescue Rooter
SOURCE ARS/Rescue Rooter