MELBOURNE, Fla. and NASHVILLE, Tenn., April 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- Only 1080p HD encoder to achieve JITC certification to date for military applications
- Supports decision-making process for analysts; increases warfighter effectiveness
- Reflects Harris' commitment to provide solutions for information gathering, processing and exploitation
(Army Aviation Association of America Forum & Expo, Booth 720) -- Harris Corporation (NYSE: HRS), an international communications and information technology company, has received Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) certification for its AcuityH264™ high-definition video encoder. It is the only 1920x1080 resolution video encoder to receive JITC certification – a U.S. government designation that the product has been tested to ensure interoperable, turnkey performance in demanding military applications.
The Harris AcuityH264 is a compact encoder that very efficiently packages and transmits data and full-motion video for high-definition/standard-definition (HD/SD) applications. By compressing full-motion video and attaching mission data — such as telemetry and time of acquisition — the encoder significantly increases the intelligence value of the imagery. Based on ISO 14496-10 standards, the AcuityH264 is designed for use in military, aerospace, and unmanned vehicle markets.
"JITC certification is a definite competitive discriminator because it assures our customers that the Acuity264H is interoperable," said Sheldon Fox, group president, Harris Government Communications Systems. "The enriched content delivered by the AcuityH264 simplifies and adds value to the analysis and decision-making process and, ultimately, leads to increased warfighter effectiveness."
Harris successfully evolved the advanced video encoding technology developed in its commercial broadcast business to provide the Acuity264H with high-definition video encoding that meets Motion Industry Standards Board (MISB) requirements for airborne use. Other key features include:
- Compression of high-definition HD-SDI video into H.264/AVC-compliant video with data rates from 384 Kb/s to 25 Mb/s
- KLV metadata synchronized to frame accuracy according to MISB Standard 0604
- Encapsulation of video and metadata into MPEG-2 transport stream, a standard format for transmission and storage of audio, video, and data
- Cropping/scaling to meet channel data link constraints per MISB EG 0904
- Selectable compression rates for high- and standard-definition video
- Metadata inputs for HD-SDI VANC and Ethernet
- Ruggedized for military applications
Additional information about Harris AcuityH264 is available at AcuityH264™ High Definition Airborne Encoder
About Harris Corporation
Harris is an international communications and information technology company serving government and commercial markets in more than 150 countries. Headquartered in Melbourne, Florida, the company has approximately $6 billion of annual revenue and more than 16,000 employees — including nearly 7,000 engineers and scientists. Harris is dedicated to developing best-in-class assured communications® products, systems, and services. Additional information about Harris Corporation is available at www.harris.com.
SOURCE Harris Corporation