LOS ANGELES, July 7, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part II" does not open until July 15 (one week from tonight at midnight), but Fandango, the nation's leading moviegoer destination, is reporting it has already sold out more than 2,000 "Part II" showtimes across the country, from Anchorage, Alaska to Sunrise, Florida.
In addition, the final "Harry Potter" adventure is currently:
- The most anticipated film of 2011 (according to Fandango's December 2010 survey);
- Fandango's fastest-selling title of the year so far;
- 71% of Wednesday's ticket sales on Fandango (followed by "Transformers: Dark of the Moon", accounting for 14% of sales);
- Outpacing each previous "Potter" film in ticket sales on Fandango at the same point in each film's sales cycle;
- Selling twice as many tickets as "Half-Blood Prince" sold at the same point in that film's sales cycle.
Fandango, the nation's leading moviegoer destination, sells tickets to more than 16,000 screens. Fandango entertains and informs consumers with reviews, commentary and trailers, and offers the ability to quickly select a film, plan where and when to see it, and conveniently buy tickets in advance. Fandango is available at www.fandango.com, via your wireless mobile device at mobile.fandango.com, and at 1-800-FANDANGO. Fandango's top-ranking movie ticketing apps, with more than 16 million downloads, are available on the iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, Palm, Windows Phone 7 and many other platforms.