NEW YORK, Sept. 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The Pokemon Go mobile game opened a door to the Augmented Reality technology, a new Reportlinker Insight survey says.
Recent Augmented Reality updates
- For Niantic CEO, AR is an important complement.
- Pokemon Go is on Apple Watch series 2.
- Apple is highly interested in Augmented Reality.
Reportlinker Insight published a survey to answer 3 questions :
- Has the Pokemon mania contributed to the awareness of the AR technology?
- Is the Pokemon Go mobile game a real trend or just a fast fashion?
- Would Pokemon Go's users be the early adopters of AR devices?
- Millennials Lead the Way in Augmented Reality
· A fifth of millennials are somewhat familiar with AR and just under one fifth (18%) are extremely likely to use the technology
· Over half of Americans (51%) say they will likely use AR
- Familiarity Does Not Translate into Pokémon Go Play
· 81% of millennials are familiar with the game (81%)
· less than one quarter (22%) of people familiar with Pokemon Go are actually playing the mobile game.
- Using Pokémon Go to Market to the Elusive Millennial
· more than 80% of players say they may return to the stores and other places they first discovered while playing the game.
· most Americans (87%) who have played Pokémon Go are likely to use AR technology in the future thanks to their positive experiences with the game.
Read the full report here :
Download Creative Common Licensed Infographics to illustrate your article here :
Augmented Reality: The next big computing platform?
Pokemon Go players, who are they?
Pokemon Go could help Augmented Reality go mainstream
Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality Markets
Mixed Reality Top Players
Two other post has been published to help you illustrate your articles :
- Megatrends : http://www.reportlinker.com/insight/augmented-and-virtual-reality-markets-set-to-explode.html
- Augmented Reality Leading companies : http://www.reportlinker.com/insight/mixed-reality-faces-bright-prospects-for-consumer-acceptance.html
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to receive the raw data.
About Reportlinker Insight
Reportlinker Insight combines analysis and exclusive investigations.
We cover innovations, social and economics megatrends to understand the world of tomorrow.
Contact Nicolas Bombourg : email@example.com
T: +33 437 651 706
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
US:(339) 368 6001
Intl:+1 339 368 6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/has-pokemon-go-paved-the-way-for-adoption-of-augmented-reality--300331490.html