GRAND JUNCTION, Colo., July 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The longer we live, the more likely we are to experience the dying and death of someone close to us. Today when a parent and child have "the Talk" it's more likely the parent and child are older and the topic is end-of-life.
Discussions about death are no longer off limits. It's in the news, on TV, in popular literature and part of our lives. It's okay to be curious. It's okay now to want to know about dying and even what comes after.
At The Final Transition Conference, produced by Illuminated Partners, LLC, (www.thefinaltransition.net) discussions of death will be dogma free. Faculty members will probe all of death's challenges and mysteries.
For details and to register visit, www.thefinaltransition.net.
Join the conversation Friday, Saturday and Sunday, September 11, 12 and 13 at the Loews Ventana Canyon Resort in Tucson, Arizona. Registration is $395 per person for all three days and includes breakfast and lunch each day. The price goes up to $495 on August 1st. Register today. Livestreaming also available.
The list of presenters includes:
- Stephan A. Schwartz – founder of the conference. http://www.stephanaschwartz.com/biography/
- Sheila Warnock, Founder and President of ShareTheCaregiving, Inc. http://sharethecare.org/who-we-are/people-behind-stc/
- Betsy MacGregor, MD http://www.betsymacgregor.com/about-betsy.html is a physician who reflects on living, healing and dying amidst the challenging world of hospitals and hospices, the medical professionals who work in them, and the ever present mystery of life and death.
- Cynda Rushton, PhD, RN, FAAN http://nursing.jhu.edu/faculty_research/faculty/faculty-directory/acutechroniccare/cynda-rushton – an internationally recognized expert in bioethics and palliative care.
- Barbara Dossey, RN, PhD. http://www.dosseydossey.com/ is a pioneer in the holistic nursing movement.
- Pim van Lommel, MD http://www.pimvanlommel.nl/Pim_van_lommel_eng has lectured all over the world on near-death experiences and the relationship between consciousness and brain function.
- Larry Dossey, MD http://www.dosseydossey.com/is an internationally influential advocate of the role of the mind in health and the role of spirituality in healthcare.
- Peter Fenwick, MD with his wife Elizabeth , has authored The Art of Dying, a study of the spiritual need of near-death patients.
- Julie Beischel, PhD http://www.windbridge.org/windbridge-institute-investigators/ her work explores the relationship between grief and spontaneous, induced, and assisted after-death communication experiences.
- Jim Tucker, MD http://www.jimbtucker.com/bio.html works with children who report memories of previous lives.
- Marilyn Schlitz, PhD http://marilynschlitz.com/bio/ has recently produced a feature film Death Makes Life Possible with Deepak Chopra. The film will be shown at the Conference.
Contact: Lynn Perez-Hewitt
SOURCE Illuminated Partners, LLC