LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- 2014 International CES Show -- iBiquity Digital, the developer of HD Radio Technology, reported today that more than 5.5 million HD Radio Technology equipped products were shipped in 2013, a 70% growth over the prior year. The technology is increasingly becoming a mainstream feature in both Home and Automotive based products.
Robert Struble, President and CEO of iBiquity stated, "2013 was another banner year for HD Radio Technology. We have been fortunate to experience continued growth in sales and we expect this to continue into 2014 as our success in the automotive sector drives awareness and demand across the CE categories."
More Than 70 CE Products Now Available
HD Radio equipped products are available nationwide at over 12,000 locations. Retailers such as Wal-Mart, Kmart, Best Buy, Costco, Amazon, Crutchfield and many more, support a wide variety of models in multiple categories.
CE brands continue to offer HD Radio equipped products, across virtually all CE categories including AV Receivers, Tabletop and docking devices, portable products, and Personal Navigation Devices (PND). More than 50 new models, many of them on display at the HD Radio booth at CES will be offered by some of the finest brands in the industry. Highlights include:
- Aftermarket Car: More than 30 new aftermarket car products will debut this year, from virtually all major brands:
- A greatly expanded Kenwood product line including HD Radio Technology equipped in-dash CD, Multi-media, and Navigation featured models
- An expanded Pioneer line including new single DIN models and double DIN multimedia and navigation models
- New high end Alpine models including some of the largest displays offered in the industry
- Continued deployment of the JVC CD and Navigation/HD Traffic equipped flagship models
- New double DIN models from both Sony and Clarion
- Home Audio: Significantly upgraded home products across a wide variety of categories:
- New Denon AV Receivers, including the first in their brand new high end "X" series, join the current line-up
- Three new Marantz products including two preamp/processors and a new AV Receiver
- Four new Yamaha products including three new AV Receivers and a new industry leading flagship component preamplifier/tuner
- McIntosh Laboratories continues with their recently launched, first ever, AV Receiver
- New tabletop and armband portable radio products from the Audiovox and Insignia brands to refresh their existing line-ups
- Personal Navigation Devices (PND)
- A refreshed and expanded line of Garmin PNDs supporting HD Digital Traffic. These units rely on an HD Radio broadcast for traffic services and boast the industry's fastest screen refresh and POI loading.
Advanced Features Provide Rich Media and New Services to the Radio Experience
Enriching the digital quality of HD Radio broadcasts are exciting new features and services that are now being deployed by the broadcast industry. These features are moving the radio broadcast experience into the digital age with a rich multimedia experience, complete with audio, graphics, data services, and public service capabilities.
- Artist Experience - (widely available) provides excitement to broadcast radio by providing graphic information like album art along with the audio stream. Artist Experience will be available on significantly expanded FM broadcast programs and CE products in 2013
- Emergency Alerts - (available from JVC) is the newest HD Radio feature that works in conjunction with new federally required Emergency Alert Services. It provides extended information, both text and audio based, for aiding in the dissemination of broadcast alerts for weather, disaster, and other federal and locally generated alerts
- Channel Guide, Bookmark, HD Digital Traffic, iTunes Tagging and other advanced services - all now available in products, will be shown within the CES iBiquity Display Booth
The 2014 CES HD Radio Booth is located in the Las Vegas Convention Center Central Hall, Number 8232
About iBiquity Digital Corp.
iBiquity Digital Corporation is the developer of HD Radio Technology, which is fueling the digital radio revolution in the United States and around the world. The digital technology enables broadcasters to offer new HD2/HD3 FM channels through multicasting, crystal-clear sound and data service on both the AM and FM bands – all free, with no subscription fee. Leading broadcasters, consumer electronics manufacturers, automakers and retailers are committed to HD Radio Technology. iBiquity Digital is a privately held company with operations in Columbia, MD, Auburn Hills, MI, and Piscataway, NJ. For more information, please visit hdradio.com and www.ibiquity.com.
For the full press kit, please visit:
Note to editors: "HD Radio™", the HD Radio logo, the "HD)" icon, the HD Radio "Arc" icon, "HD Digital Traffic", and "Artist Experience", "Bookmark", "Channel Guide", "Active Radio" are proprietary trademarks of iBiquity Digital Corporation. The "HD" in HD Radio™ is part of iBiquity Digital's brand name for its advanced digital AM/FM system. It does not mean hybrid digital or high-definition digital; both of these are incorrect.
SOURCE iBiquity Digital Corporation