AUSTIN, Texas, June 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Just in time for summer, Health magazine, the leading healthy lifestyle magazine for women, has named the Aquasana drinking water filter and six other products as the healthiest new products for your home. The products are featured in an article entitled "America's Healthiest Buys for 2010" that appears in the June 2010 issue of Health, which is on newsstands nationwide now.
Following are Health magazine's picks for the seven products that "will make your life easier and healthier:"
- Aquasana AQ-4000 Drinking Water Filter, which retails for $124.99 and may be purchased at www.aquasana.com. This easy-to-use, countertop drinking water filter strips out the pesticides, chlorine, parasites, lead and other toxins found in tap water while preserving its healthiest and purest elements. According to the article, "Judge Colin Ingram [the author of The Drinking Water Book: How to Eliminate Harmful Toxins from Your Water], was impressed with this faucet-mounted system's [the AQ-4000's] three-stage filter, which removes toxic metals, chlorine and most organic chemicals and micro-organisms. Plus it cleans for less than 10 cents a gallon, so it's economical to stay hydrated with healthy water from your tap."
- Benjamin Moore Natura Interior Waterborne Paint, $49.99 per gallon, www.benjaminmoore.com
- Biokleen Lavender-Lime Bac-Out Bathroom Cleaner, $7.99, www.biokleenhome.com
- Method Laundry Detergent in Peony Blossom, $8, www.methodlaundry.com
- Seventh Generation Disinfecting Multi-Surface Cleaner, $2.99, www.seventhgeneration.com
- Terracycle Natural Window Cleaner, $2.99, www.terracycle.net
- Waring Pro Professional Immersion Hand Blender, $39.99, http://waringproducts.com
To determine which products would appear in the article, Health magazine asked a team of MDs, PhDs and other industry experts to test nearly 1,100 beauty, food and home products. The experts identified "the absolute best" in their category.
"We are honored to have been chosen by Health magazine's team of experts as one of the seven healthiest home products you can buy and the only water filter," said Todd Bartee, Aquasana's CEO. "Health-conscious consumers know how critical it is to purify water before they drink it, cook with it or bathe in it. Our mission at Aquasana is to make being 'water healthy' as easy and economical as possible. We are proud that our efforts continue to be recognized by the experts."
Aquasana is a leading and award-winning maker of water filters for the home, a $2.7 billion industry. Founded in 1998, Aquasana is highly regarded for its approach to water filtration, which strips out pesticides, chlorine, parasites, lead and other toxins in tap water while preserving its pure, wholesome and healthy elements. As a result of their superior quality and consumer value, Aquasana's products have been voted a "Best Buy" by Consumers Digest for six years in a row. Aquasana's countertop and under-counter drinking water filters, shower-head filters and whole-house filtration systems are priced from $84.99. For more information about Aquasana, please visit www.aquasana.com