SAN FRANCISCO, June 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The global augmented reality & virtual reality in healthcare market is expected to reach USD 5.1 billion by 2025 according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The growing adoption of Augmented Reality (AR) & Virtual Reality (VR) in medical field, increasing investments in such emerging technologies, and constant developments in healthcare IT are some of the key factors responsible for growth of this market.
The market is majorly driven by applications in surgical simulations, diagnostic imaging, patient care management, rehabilitation, and health management. The application of AR & VR in training medical professionals provides them enhanced understanding of anatomy & physiology and assists in complicated surgeries that require precision, thus, resulting in reduced complications and lesser trauma. VR helps patients get over their worst fears and phobias through the exposure therapy. These technologies are also gaining significance in fitness management due to the development of various health apps that help train doctors as well as patients.
The use of these advanced technologies in live streaming of surgeries for medical education coupled with patient monitoring & pain management serves as a market opportunity and is predicted to drive the segment substantially. These new disruptive technologies have revolutionized medical field and provide an innovative approach for transforming healthcare experience. The increasing focus on streamlining medical operations along with demand for better delivery of care services are driving the growing adoption of these technologies.
Increase in number of startups has led to higher demand for investments to fund development of AR & VR technologies. The market is witnessing an increase in private investments by various investors, which is expected to boost growth further. For instance, Swiss-based startup MindMaze is a well-funded company that has raised USD 100 million from Hinduja Group for development of VR hardware & software. In addition, increased government funding and supportive initiatives are expected to drive growth.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Augmented Reality (AR) & Virtual Reality (VR) in Healthcare Market Analysis By Component (Hardware, Software, and Service), By Technology (Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality), And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/virtual-reality-vr-in-healthcare-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The hardware segment held the majority of the revenue share in 2016 due to rise in adoption of wearable devices in healthcare
- AR dominated the technology segment in 2016 owing to its increasing adoption in surgeries and medical training
- North America dominated the global market for AR and VR due to greater adoption of advanced technology and sophisticated infrastructure
- Asia Pacific AR and VR market is expected to witness a lucrative growth of 33% over the forecast period
- Some of the key players include CAE HEALTHCARE; GE Healthcare; Intuitive Surgical; Hologic, Inc.; Virtual Realities, LLC; and Philips Healthcare
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Medical Document Management Systems Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/medical-document-management-systems-market
- Computer Assisted Coding (CAC) Systems Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/computer-assisted-coding-cac-systems-market
- E Clinical Solution Software Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/e-clinical-solution-software-market
- Hospital Asset Management Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/hospital-asset-management-market
Grand View Research has segmented the augmented reality & virtual reality in healthcare market on the basis of component, technology and region:
- Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Augmented Reality
- Surgical Application
- Training & Medical Education
- Virtual Reality
- Virtual Reality Exposure Therapy
- Pain Distraction
- Augmented Reality
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- North America
Read Our Blog: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/healthcare
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.