FLINT, Mich., June 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- HealthPlus of Michigan today announced that it will voluntarily continue offering important health care benefits protection to its members no matter how the Supreme Court rules on pending cases regarding the Affordable Care Act. Bruce Hill, president and CEO, made the announcement.
"HealthPlus has ALWAYS worked on behalf of its members and groups to provide access to quality care and services at competitive prices," said Hill. "Regarding health care reform protections, HealthPlus has had to make very few changes to plans and policies in order to comply. That's because our goal is, and has always been, finding ways to promote health and wellness to our members and the communities we serve."
Specifically, HealthPlus will:
- Continue to permit coverage of dependent children up to age 26
- Provide important preventive services with no cost sharing – HealthPlus has always emphasized the value of preventive care
- Not impose lifetime limits
- Not cancel coverage except in cases of fraud
- Continue, as it has for more than 30 years, to provide a clear, accessible and responsive claims appeal process
A stable and growing Michigan company, HealthPlus remains dedicated to developing innovative ways to improve health care delivery system reforms that foster wellness and prevention, help manage chronic disease and promote quality care. HealthPlus' pledge to maintain health care reform protections applies to its fully insured commercial health insurance policies.
HealthPlus of Michigan is a health and wellness organization providing customized, nationally recognized health plans that meet the needs of large and small employers, and families and individuals, through a variety of programs, including Medicare Advantage and Medicaid.
HealthPlus is proudly headquartered in Flint, Mich., and was formed in 1979 as a not-for-profit organization. Today, it:
- Manages health care coverage and wellness programs for members residing in Michigan and for members of Michigan-based companies living outside the state
- Offers a statewide network of 24,000 physicians
- Delivers access to 1.6 million providers nationally
- Covers emergency care globally
- Provides access to centers of excellence, including the Cleveland Clinic and Mayo Clinic
The National Committee for Quality Assurance has ranked HealthPlus' commercial HMO among the nation's top health plans for the past seven years*; its commercial, Medicaid and Medicare HMO plans are accredited as "Excellent" by NCQA. HealthPlus has regional offices in Saginaw and Troy, Mich. healthplus.org.
*According to America's Best Health Insurance Plans (2005-2009), NCQA's Health Insurance Plan Rankings 2010-2011 –Private, and NCQA's Health Insurance Plan Rankings 2011-2012 –Private.
SOURCE HealthPlus of Michigan