NEW YORK, Sept. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- HEED, a digital platform that pulls people closer to their passions, launched today as the official partner to New York Fashion Week (NYFW). The first version of the HEED app will make its debut today offering fashion lovers a better way to experience the runway, wherever they are. HEED is a joint venture between WME | IMG and AGT International.
The HEED app offers consumers a new approach to NYFW, utilizing technology to give fashion lovers access to an event previously reserved for insiders. HEED brings users closer to NYFW by connecting them directly with stylists and influencers attending the week's events and providing real-time updates on what is trending at the shows. In addition to letting users interact with stylists and influencers, the app also features livestreams of coveted runway shows, opportunities to purchase looks right after runway shows and personalized features encouraging user participation such as selfies that determine what mood you're in and what content you'd most enjoy. The key list of HEED features includes:
- My Mood: Take a selfie and let HEED analyze what kind of mood you're in using facial recognition technology. Based on your mood, HEED then recommends specific content like styling tips, playlists, articles, videos and more.
- Ask Me About: Ask your favorite fashion industry expert anything—live! Chat in-app during scheduled Q&As. Preston Konrad and Sam Escobar will be two of the first experts to do an AMA.
- Style & Win: Show your personal take on the latest fashion trends for a chance to win accessories and beauty products selected by top stylists and artists like Zanna Roberts Rassi, Laurel Pantin and Michaela Erlanger.
- Buy: Get exclusive access to items from our online retail partner, Spring, model-off-duty beauty kits curated by VIOLET GREY and limited edition HEED Fashion hoodies designed by Heron Preston.
- See Now Buy Now: Buy clothes straight after the runway shows directly from designers such as Jonathan Simkhai and Hood By Air.
- Style Diaries: Watch mini-documentaries that take you behind the scenes with fashion and style experts.
- Take Heed: Find tips and inspiration from fashion and style experts.
- Data Drops: Through social media analysis technology, HEED will serve you up the outfit of the day, moment of the day and big shot of the day (most influential person on Social media).
- About Face: The who's who of fashion speak in a candid, often humorous, way about the ups and downs of the industry.
HEED is powered by AGT's world-class technology which includes IoT analytics, deep web analysis, machine learning and more. App development has been in the works since the joint venture between WME-IMG and AGT was announced earlier this year, to create the best new technology-enabled platform for the fashion industry. More than 40 Ph.D. data scientists and 150 software engineers are involved in building the HEED platform.
"Our advanced technology gives millions of consumers an invitation to exclusive industry events like New York Fashion Week. The same technology that we use to make cities and infrastructure smarter, will now empower consumers to access events and pull them closer to their passions," said Mati Kochavi, HEED Co-Founder.
For HEED, New York Fashion Week is just the beginning. The HEED app will release a new version on a regular basis with innovative new features, and will continue offering users fashion content on a daily basis. HEED will also introduce new channels across other vertical markets such as sports, taste and more.
"Through HEED, users are able to experience a better way of consuming content they care about," said Ari Emanuel, HEED Co-Founder. "We're excited to kick things off with New York Fashion Week and look forward to having HEED fundamentally change the way people experience various events that align with their passions. HEED will transform how they consume and share content that matters to them."
A new digital platform from WME-IMG and AGT International, HEED pulls people closer to their passions. HEED serves up insights, trends, data and personalized content that delivers a truly unique insider experience to users. The HEED app will make its debut at New York Fashion Week, offering fashion lovers a better way to experience the runway and fresh, personalized style content all year round.
About WME | IMG
WME | IMG is the global leader in entertainment, sports, events, media and fashion. Operating in more than 25 countries, the company specializes in talent representation and management; brand strategy, activation and licensing; media production and distribution; and event management.
About AGT International
AGT is a pioneer in solutions that fuse together analytics of IoT, social media and traditional data, helping organizations worldwide to build relationships directly with their consumers. AGT's labs are located in Frankfurt, New York and Tel Aviv.