SAN FRANCISCO, May 18, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Helium (www.helium.com), a provider of simple, secure, scalable IoT connectivity, today announced support for Google Cloud IoT Core, a fully managed service that allows you to easily and securely connect, and manage devices at global scale.
Cloud IoT Core, together with other Google Cloud services, such as Pub/Sub, Dataflow, Bigtable, BigQuery, and Data Studio, provide a complete solution for collecting, processing, analyzing, and visualizing IoT data in real time to support improved operational efficiency.
Helium provides a hardware-secured wireless Data Channel between Helium-powered edge devices and Google Cloud IoT. Developers and enterprises can deploy long range, low power wireless IoT devices connected to the Helium network and, after configuring a connection in the Helium Dashboard, route that sensor data to Google Cloud IoT in near real-time, with a securely authenticated connection enabled by a hardware root of trust.
Key features of the new Cloud IoT Core solution:
- End-to-end security - Enable end-to-end security using certificate-based authentication and TLS; devices running Android Things or ones supporting the Cloud IoT Core security requirements can deliver full stack security.
- Out-of-box data Insights - Use downstream analytic systems by integrating with Google Big Data Analytics and ML services.
- Serverless infrastructure: Scale instantly without limits using horizontal scaling on Google's serverless platform.
- Role-level data control - Apply IAM roles to devices to control access to devices and data.
- Automatic device deployment - Use REST APIs to automatically manage the registration, deployment and operation of devices at scale.
"We are very excited to partner with Google on the newly announced Google Cloud IoT Core solution. Helium's unique expertise in connectivity deployment and management coupled with our broad device compatibility will enable IoT developers and businesses to quickly launch their Google based IoT initiatives," said Amir Haleem, CEO at Helium.
"Cloud IoT Core was designed to simplify digital transformation by helping customers to leverage Google Cloud's data analytics and machine learning capabilities and act on insights, in real time, from operational data that was previously inaccessible," said Adam Massey, Director, Strategic Technology Partners at Google Cloud. "By working with industry leaders like Helium, we are expanding the surface of innovation to help more customers realize the value of connected devices for their businesses."
Learn more at www.Helium.com to begin your IoT journey today.
Helium connectivity solutions simply and securely deliver IoT data from device to the cloud. Easily integrated with hundreds of development boards and compatible with your IoT channel of choice, Helium enables a lower total cost of ownership while simplifying how businesses apply IoT. Helium, located in San Francisco, is backed by GV, Khosla Ventures, FirstMark Capital and others.
CONTACT: Michael Burke, firstname.lastname@example.org, 415-989-9000