KANSAS CITY, Mo., Jan. 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Once a couple is engaged, the first questions family and friends ask include, "Let me see your ring," and "How did he propose?" With Valentine's Day on the horizon, the pressure is on for future grooms to create the most unique idea to "pop the question." No pressure, right? But let's face it…proposing IS high pressure and grooms have to get it right from selecting the perfect ring to the actual proposal event.
For more than 100 years, Helzberg Diamonds has helped millions of grooms with their special proposals. In the case of one unsuspecting bachelor, Helzberg offered to create a proposal of a lifetime for the love of his life…with one catch. Helzberg would provide the ring for FREE, if he could propose within 48 hours. The #WeProposeYouPropose video series (Helzberg.com/WePropose) captures the story of the bachelor Kyle from the moment he is asked if he's willing to propose, to deciding how he'll pop the question, to getting down on one knee and all the suspense in-between. How did he do it? Consumers can go behind the scenes and follow Kyle's proposal all the way (spoiler alert) to the moment of "YES!!" with the hashtag #WeProposeYouPropose.
"Our lucky bachelor thought he was in a documentary about ring shopping. Little did he realize his trip to Helzberg would put his special proposal into high gear. Consumers can watch how our couple's love story unfolds, plus future grooms can get tips about how to create their own special proposal moment," said Beryl Raff, Chairman and CEO of Helzberg Diamonds.
No one knows more about engagement rings and proposals than Helzberg Diamonds. "Celebrating all of life's special moments and making people feel loved has been a part of our company since we began more than 100 years ago. We love to share in the celebrations of life's happiest moments," Raff continued.
For those with a Valentine's Day proposal on the horizon, more lucky grooms could be next. By visiting Helzberg.com/WePropose, future grooms can sign up for exclusive offers and updates from Helzberg Diamonds. And, for those who need proposal tips right away, grooms can go to Helzberg.com and/or download Helzberg's Proposal Pro mobile app containing a complete guide to popping the question.
Tips for a One-of-a-Kind Proposal Experience (and a Sneaky Way to Ensure Her Ring Fits!)
"Once a future bride puts on the ring, she'll want to show it off. Grooms have to make sure the ring doesn't fall off. If family or friends don't know her ring size, grooms can secretly 'borrow' a ring from her and quickly size it by placing it on the Helzberg's Proposal Pro mobile app," Raff continued. Helzberg.com and our mobile app educates future grooms on ring styles, the four "C's" of diamond selection (color, cut, clarity and carat weight) and metal types. Plus, the company provides a proposal checklist to ensure grooms have all their bases covered, including asking the parents.
Helzberg's lucky groom was provided a proposal/wedding event planner that suggested ideas for his perfect proposal. Nellie Sparkman, owner and creative director of Events by Nellie, shares six valuable proposal tips:
- Ask for her parent(s) blessing. This is one of the most important decisions in their daughter's life, so it's equally important to have the parent(s) blessing.
- Do your homework. A proposal planner is a great idea for those who need help to flawlessly coordinate all the details. If you don't have a planner, check out your future bride's Pinterest page. Chances are likely she will have pinned her favorite ring styles, flowers and other wedding ideas.
- Make the proposal as unique as your love story itself. Whether it is a romantic dinner at your first date location, at the end of an adventurous bike ride or in the middle of your alma mater's football game, the proposal should hold special meaning for both people. Consider incorporating her favorite flowers, a special song, and include people in your lives that support you both.
- Keep it simple. You should speak from the heart and tell her why she is loved and when you knew she was THE ONE. When it feels natural, get down on one knee and 'pop the question.'
- Think of her. How will she want to remember this moment? Find a way to make sure she is looking and feeling her best. She will want to look "proposal ready!"
- Capture the moment. Getting engaged is one of the most exciting times in a couple's life. Document the moment by hiring a professional photographer or videographer to ensure you are getting the best images that will last a lifetime.
Helzberg Diamonds loves to hear about proposals and love stories. Share your love story by using #WeProposeYouPropose to tell us about the engagement. For more information about Helzberg Diamonds, consumers may visit Helzberg.com, or follow Helzberg Diamonds at Facebook.com/HelzbergDiamonds, Twitter.com/Helzberg, Pinterest.com/Helzberg, and Instagram.com/Helzberg.
About Helzberg Diamonds
Helzberg Diamonds®, a retail and online jewelry store focused on customer service, was founded in 1915 and has more than 230 stores nationwide, featuring a wide selection of fine jewelry, including diamond engagement rings and wedding rings, precious gems and watches. Helzberg Diamonds takes pride in its history of offering exceptional value, exclusive designs and timeless jewelry. Helzberg Diamonds is based in North Kansas City, Mo., and is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE symbols BRK/A and BRK/B). For the locations nearest you, call 1-800-HELZBERG (800-435-9237) or visit Helzberg.com.
SOURCE Helzberg Diamonds