PARK RIDGE, N.J., May 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Hertz Corporation (NYSE: HTZ) announced today the addition of the new 2012 FIAT 500 Sport cars to its fleet of Hertz On Demand vehicles. The sleek Italian compact will roll out to Washington DC, San Antonio, San Francisco, New York and Miami Beach as well as onto 50 college campuses as part of the global car sharing club's university program and will cater to the company's younger renters aged over 18 years old. It will join Hertz On Demand's already robust range of cars – from electric vehicles, luxury cars and SUVs to compacts and sedans.
"As a company that's committed to celebrating our customer's diverse interests and needs, we're excited to offer the expanded service of Hertz On Demand through our new 500's. Our renters appreciate a fun, energetic ride, and that's exactly what they can expect from the FIAT Sport," commented Mark P. Frissora, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Hertz. "Hertz On Demand has made significant strides this year – from expansion in Washington DC, new launches in Miami and San Antonio, to expanding our fleet -- and we're not done yet. We look forward to expanding the FIAT 500 Sport program in the coming months."
For the driving enthusiast, the FIAT 500 Sport features sport-tuned suspension, modified springs, shock tuning, steering calibration and exhaust tuning to deliver a more firm ride and responsive handling. The FIAT 500 masterfully combines innovative and original design with the most advanced technology in the field of engines, safety and on-board comfort. The quintessential symbol of Italian motoring, the FIAT has in its DNA the values of simplicity, quality and a constant striving for innovation.
Hertz On Demand provides members a quick, easy and convenient option to rent a car spontaneously. Enhanced member benefits offered by the Hertz car sharing club, include:
- Free membership. Hertz On Demand has no enrollment fee or annual membership fee, and offers low hourly and daily rates.
- Rental fleet options. These include the Mercedes C300, Cadillac CTS, Fiat 500, Mitsubishi Endeavor, Nissan Altima, Chevy Cruze, Chevy Malibu, Mazda 2, Mazda 3 and Jeep Patriot.
- 180 miles a day(1), gas and insurance included in rates.
- No late fees. Hertz On Demand members will not receive punitive charges/late fees for the late return of a vehicle.(2)
- Daily rates on Hertz rental car for longer trips.
- Unparalleled member service. Including Hertz NeverLost GPS and 24/7, 365 days-a-year, live, in-car assistance from a team of Hertz Member Care experts, both available free of charge.
Hertz On Demand provides an economical, convenient and socially conscious alternative to car ownership. The pay-as-you-go service, provides members with 24/7 access to vehicles strategically located throughout their city. It has approximately 130,000 members, is available in five countries and on approximately 60 university campuses. Overall, Hertz On Demand offers its members products and services that are unmatched in the car sharing industry, including:
- The elimination of all membership and renewal fees in the U.S. and Europe
- Guaranteed vehicle availability Monday through Thursday in New York City
- One-way car sharing rentals between 85 locations in the Northeast U.S.
- An expansive car sharing fleet with new vehicles added to the service. The U.S. fleet includes luxury cars, including the Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Buick Enclave and GMC Acadia; and cars suitable for moving, including the Ford Transit Connect and the Nissan Titan pick-up truck. Additionally, a variety of electric vehicles are available at select locations, including the Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF, and smart fortwo electric drive
- Simplified reservation process. HertzOnDemand.com has a simple reservation process, including one way map routing and reservations, enhanced search capabilities, and in-depth details about car makes and models
- Unparalleled Member Service. Hertz On Demand's industry leading in-car technology provides members with a superior rental experience. Members receive a smart chip enabled membership card for keyless entry to any reserved car. In car, a hands-free audio kit connects to the in-house Member Care Center should members have questions, need assistance or need to extend their reservation. Hertz On Demand "communicates" with its cars enabling representatives to unlock, engage and locate vehicles, and cars are equipped with Hertz NeverLost GPS, iPod and Bluetooth connectivity, for hands free driving, as well as EZ Pass transponders.
- Enrollment in Hertz Gold Plus Rewards. Hertz On Demand members are eligible to enroll in Hertz Gold Plus Rewards™, Hertz's free rewards program that provides customers with a range of flexible rewards including Points that never expire, 'AnyDay' reward options with no blackouts, easy online redemption, international point accrual, and a wide variety of car rewards including cars from any of Hertz's Collections -- the Adrenaline, Green Traveler, and Prestige Collections. (Hertz On Demand members must be a member of Hertz Gold to earn Gold Plus Rewards Points).
About Hertz On Demand
Hertz On Demand, Hertz's global car sharing club, has more than 650 vehicles, 130,000 members and more than 500 locations worldwide, including corporate offices and universities. Hertz On Demand offers a variety of vehicles available at competitive rates. All cars are equipped with Eileo® technology, and benefits covered by the hourly rate include gas, insurance, GPS turn-by-turn navigation, 24/7 roadside assistance, 24-hour Member Care Center communication, and 180 free miles per day.
Hertz is the largest worldwide airport general use car rental brand operating from approximately 8,500 locations in approximately 145 countries worldwide. Hertz is the number one airport car rental brand in the U.S. and at 94 major airports in Europe, operating both corporate and licensee locations in cities and airports in North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. The Company also operates the Advantage car rental brand. In addition, Hertz operates one of the world's largest equipment rental businesses, Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation, offering a diverse line of rental equipment, including tools and supplies, and new and used equipment for sale from approximately 320 branches in the United States, Canada, China, France, Italy, Spain and Saudi Arabia.
(1) Per 24 hour period
(2) Late returns will only be charged rates for the additional time used in 15 minute intervals (no punitive fees)
SOURCE The Hertz Corporation