CLEVELAND, Sept. 27, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Created in partnership by the design experts at HGTV® and the paint company pros trust, HGTV HOME™ by Sherwin-Williams reveals its trending 2019 Color Collections of the Year and distinguished 2019 Color of the Year.
Available exclusively at Lowe's, these three new Color Collections take the guesswork and frustration out of coordinating colors in your home, letting people focus entirely on creating a perfect "TA-DA!" reveal that all HGTV fans strive for and love.
"The 2019 Color Collections of the Year encourage consumers to travel down a path of self-discovery through coordinated palettes that easily help them bring their color vision to life," said Ashley Banbury, Senior Color Designer at HGTV HOME by Sherwin-Williams. "The 2019 distinguished Color of the Year, Reflecting Pool, is incredibly versatile and can be combined with any of the trending Color Collections. It can be soft and calming when mixed with natural hues, but energizing and fun when combined with the vivid and bold shades."
These trending Color Collections embody different personalities and styles, allowing DIYers to choose a theme that best fits their lifestyle. Each palette consists of eight colors that work together in any combination, offering the ability to mix and match with complete confidence when bringing your vision to life. Designer-inspired results can be easily achieved without having to hire an actual designer. The complementary shades found within the Color Collections can further inspire choices in upholstery, artwork and other areas of home décor.
"The 2019 HGTV HOME by Sherwin-Williams Color Collections of the Year provide a curated, yet contemporary choice in updated and fresh color alternatives for interiors," said Nancy Fire, HGTV HOME Design Director. "The design sensibility of Mystic Light, Sophisticated Whimsy and Everyday Balance Color Collections allow our consumer to be the arbiter of style when it comes to picking palettes of color for their next home painting project."
Here are the three trending 2019 Color Collections of the Year, distinguished 2019 Color of the Year, and a look at the paint colors that articulate each trend:
- SOPHISTICATED WHIMSY: For those who move through life with an optimistic attitude. The Sophisticated Whimsy Color Collection encourages adventure sought through openness and positivity.
- This palette includes Passive (SW7064), Dress Blues (SW9176), Afternoon (SW6675), Tricorn Black (SW6258), *Reflecting Pool (SW6486, *distinguished 2019 Color of the Year), Salute (SW7582), Cardboard (SW6124) and Dover White (SW6385).
- MYSTIC LIGHT: For the dreamers who see the magic of the familiar. The Mystic Light Color Collection explores the blurred lines between physical and digital, and is inspired by looking at familiar materials in a new light.
- This palette includes Nomadic Desert (SW6107), Magical (SW6829), Naval (SW6244), Dishy Coral (SW6598), Refresh (SW6751), Bunglehouse Blue (SW0048), Emberglow (SW6627) and Alexandrite (SW0060).
- EVERYDAY BALANCE: For those who look internally to retreat from the chaotic nature of everyday life to find a sense of calm and balance. The Everyday Balance Color Collection is inspired by soft natural elements.
- This palette includes Grizzle Gray (SW7068), Pure White (SW7005), Quaint Peche (SW6330), Interesting Aqua (SW6220), Borscht (SW7578), Filmy Green (SW6190), Dark Night (SW6237) and Believable Buff (SW6120).
- REFLECTING POOL (SW6486) 2019 COLOR OF THE YEAR: A color of many personalities that speaks to our desire to have a life of balance but with a bit of flair. Reflecting Pool's versatility speaks to all three Color Collections of the Year trend stories and can be mixed and matched within any of the palettes to coordinate in the home.
For more information on HGTV HOME™ by Sherwin-Williams, please visit: http://www.hgtvhomebysherwinwilliams.com/
About Sherwin-Williams Consumer Brands Group
Sherwin-Williams Consumer Brands Group offers innovative products to meet customers' paint and coating needs. The company manufactures products under well-known brands such as Valspar®, HGTV HOME® by Sherwin-Williams, Purdy®, Krylon®, Minwax®, Thompson's® Water Seal®, Cabot® and many more. Founded in 1866, The Sherwin-Williams Company is a global leader in the manufacture, development, distribution and sale of paints, coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial and retail customers. For more information, visit Sherwin.com.
HGTV delivers the superstar experts, fascinating families, compelling renovations and stunning transformations that make all things home fun. America's favorite way to get entertaining, relatable and inspirational home and lifestyle content, HGTV offers: a top 10 cable network that is distributed to more than 90 million U.S. households; a website, HGTV.com, that attracts an average of 9.7 million people each month; a social footprint of 16.8 million; HGTV Magazine, a monthly publication that reaches more than one million readers and exclusive collections of home-oriented products through the HGTV HOME™ consumer products line. Viewers can become fans of HGTV and interact with other home improvement enthusiasts through Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. HGTV is owned by Discovery, Inc., a global leader in real life entertainment whose portfolio also includes Discovery Channel, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery and OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.
SOURCE HGTV HOME by Sherwin-Williams