WASHINGTON, Oct. 7 /PRNewswire/ -- The National Business Coalition on Health (NBCH) is pleased to announce that U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius will address employers, business coalitions and other health care stakeholders from communities across the nation at its 15th Annual Conference. Secretary Sebelius will discuss health care delivery reform and the importance of implementing value-based purchasing strategies in the private and public sectors. The meeting will be held in Washington, November 14-16, 2010.
"The biggest change we can make isn't how we provide health care - it's when," said Secretary Sebelius. "For many years, private employers have been ahead of the curve in efforts to fix the health care system, pushing for greater investment in prevention and wellness. They have been working toward innovations like value-based purchasing, patient-centered medical homes, and accountable care organizations that promise to improve care coordination and reduce spending growth."
Additional speakers include:
- Larry Becker, Director, Xerox
- Carolyn Clancy, MD, Director, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Jim Goodnight, MD, CEO, SAS Institute, Inc. – ranked #1 on FORTUNE's "Best Companies to Work For"
- Douglas Henley, MD, Executive Vice President, American Academy of Family Physicians
- Karen Ignagni, President & CEO, America's Health Insurance Plans
- Jack Mahoney, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Florida Health Care Coalition
- Chris McSwain, Director, Global Benefits, Whirlpool Corporation
- Thomas Parry, PhD, President, Integrated Benefits Institute
- Richard Trumka, President, AFL-CIO
- Richard Umbdenstock, President and CEO, American Hospital Association
"Keeping people healthy is critical to the success of U.S. businesses," said Carolyn Pare, president and CEO of the Buyers Health Care Action Group and chair of the NBCH board. "But the million dollar question is how can employers empower and encourage healthier employees and communities? NBCH and its coalition members remain committed to working with employers and community stakeholders to progress toward safe, efficient and high-quality health care."
The 2010 Annual Conference will be held at the J.W. Marriott Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington. For a complete agenda and registration information visit NBCH's website or call 202-775-9300.
About the National Business Coalition on Health
NBCH is a national, non-profit, membership organization of 60 business and health coalitions, representing over 7,000 employers and 25 million employees and their dependents across the United States. NBCH and its members are dedicated to value-based purchasing of health care services through the collective action of public and private purchasers. For additional information visit: www.nbch.org.
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
SOURCE National Business Coalition on Health