HAUPPAUGE, N.Y., May 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The annual event specifically for Long Island business leaders, the HIA-LI 26th Annual Trade Show and Conference, is just a week away.
HIA-LI, the recognized voice for business on Long Island, is introducing a number of new specialty pavilions, sponsors and seminar programming. On Thursday, May 22 trade show attendees can attend breakfast and luncheon events, business "how to" seminars and meet with key local and national sponsors who will be exhibiting and providing fun promotions at their booth. For more details, please visit: http://www.hia-li.org/tradeshow2013/
"We are proud that the HIA-LI 26th Annual Trade Show and Conference serves as an important forum continuing to support all Long Island business growth by providing the resources and tools they need," says Terri Alessi-Miceli, President of HIA-LI. "Companies on the trade show floor represent the best of Long Island."
This year the trade show floor will boast eight industry specific pavilion areas including Economic Development Agencies; Innovation; Finance, Green Industries/Energy/Environment; Manufacturing/Made in America; Technology; Wellness/Healthcare; and Workforce Development.
Sponsors and Exhibitors
Many sponsors and exhibitors will be offering news and information about new products and services as well as offering "show specials" for show attendees, including:
- Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center has opened a new wound care center in Hauppauge and is will be offering health education information for women and free membership at the trade show.
- Coffee Distributing Corp will have two different offerings: A free trial of any single cup brewing system and/or two months free on a plumbed in hot and cold cooler with a signed agreement.
- Communication Strategy Group will be offering a complimentary brand assessment.
- Corporate Accounting Solutions, Inc. will be offering a free evaluation of financial internal controls to help prevent company fraud.
- GBM Services, Inc. will be setting up an oil diffuser and giving away samples of doTERRA oils and GMB brochures.
- Katz Zlotnick and Associates will be offering two raffle prizes of $100 gift cards.
- LongIsland.com is offering trade show exhibitors and attendees the ability to take advantage of 40 percent off featured listing packages and 50 percent off of basic-listing packages.
- PowerPro Service Company offering a complimentary engineering and installation assessment.
- Smith Haven/Roosevelt Field/ Walt Whitman has a drawing to win a $10 Simon AMEX gift card.
- The Alternative Board (TAB) is providing an executive speed coaching "test drive" during the tradeshow that offers small business owners a 15-minute, one-on-one private session with an experienced TAB business coach.
- A listing of exhibitors, trade show offerings and more can be found at the HIA-LI trade show website: http://www.hia-li.org/tradeshow2014/exhibitor_list.cfm
Events & Seminars
The HIA-LI offers a complete list of events and seminars taking place throughout the day including complimentary seminars on a variety of educational topics. There is a breakout session topic to meet the interests for every business professional. To review the seminars, please visit: http://www.hia-li.org/event_detail_wf2.cfm?eventid=457
One innovative group – the Social Enterprise Alliance of Long Island (SEA-LI) will be holding seminars aimed at providing young entrepreneurs with information and strategies to help them grow their businesses.
"I believe that the seminar given by SEA-LI will provide young entrepreneurs an understanding of how nonprofit and for-profit businesses can both prosper by working together," said Clay Darrohn, Big Tuna and founder of fishbat.
Schedule of the Day
- 8 am – 10 am – Executive Breakfast Featuring Clay Clark, Serial Entrepreneur discussing "How to Thrive to Make Your Business Epic." Register ahead for the 8:00 AM to 10 AM executive breakfast and keynote at http://bit.ly/1fSJIlz
- 9 am – Business Trade Show Floor Opens; Seminars Begin
- 10:15 am – 11:15 am – Complimentary Business Seminars (view seminars: http://bit.ly/10xel4P)
- 11:30 am – 1:30 pm – Executive Luncheon includes a Panel of Long Island Business Executives discussing "LI Revitalization Projects- Building Now and for the Future." Ken Adams, president and CEO of Empire State Development and Commissioner of the NY State Department of Economic Development will provide opening remarks (Auxiliary Gym – additional fee). Register ahead for the 11:30 PM to 1:30 PM luncheon and panel at http://bit.ly/1fSJIlz.
- 1:45 pm – 2:45 pm – Complimentary Business Seminars (view seminars: http://bit.ly/10xel4P)
- 4:00 pm – Show Ends
This year's trade show and conference sponsors include:
Accu Data Payroll Services; Active Web Group; Advanced Cardiovascular Diagnostics; Albrecht, Viggiano, Zureck & Co., P.C.; Ameresco Commercial Solutions; Aparo Sanitary & Environmental; Arrow Scrap Corporation; Astoria Federal Savings; Bank United; Bridgehampton National Bank; Campolo, Middleton & McCormick, LLP; Capital One Bank; Carma; Central Business Systems; Coastal Charters; Communication Strategy Group; Corporate Accounting Solutions; Delta Computer Group, Inc.; Design Audio Visual, Inc.; Edward Jones (East Northport Branch); Effects of Color; Empire National Bank; fishbat; GEI Consultants; H2M Architects & Engineers; Hofstra University; Investors Bank; It Makes Scents; JE Lawrence & Co.; Living Well Essentials Medical Spa; Long Island Business News; Long Island Photo Gallery, Inc.; LongIsland.com; Long Island Press; Lorraine Gregory Communications Group; National Grid; NEFCU; New Millennium Technology Services; Newsday; North Shore LIJ Care Connect Insurance Company, Inc.; NST; North Shore LIJ Health Systems; Optimum Commercial Sales; People's Alliance Federal Credit Union; Portnoy, Messinger, Pearl & Associates, Inc.; Positive Promotions; Power Media, Presentations Plus, Inc.; PSEG LI; Roe Taroff Taitz & Portman LLP; SavEnergy, Inc.; Sign A Rama of Hauppauge; St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center; Stony Brook University; Suffolk County Department of Labor; Suffolk County Industrial Development Agency; Suffolk County National Bank; Suffolk Federal Credit Union; TD Bank; Teachers Federal Credit Union; Telecom Communications; The Alternative Board; The Competition Automotive Group; The Crescent Beach Club; Town of Islip Foreign Trade Zone; WALK 97.5; WBLI Radio
HIA-LI helps Long Island businesses prosper. For over 30 years, we have been the recognized voice for business on Long Island and a powerful force and economic engine for regional development. We provide a forum for business leaders to network, problem solve and obtain advice on critical issues facing their businesses. Our member companies represent tens of thousands of business professionals. We're headquartered in and support one of the largest industrial parks in the United States. HIA-LI programs and events promote strategic partnerships, targeted networking, and information sharing and business advocacy. Members benefit from our committees, educational programs, career resources, research capabilities, mentoring opportunities and business advisory services. For more information, visit http://www.HIA-LI.org or call 631-543-5355.
Terri Alessi-Miceli, 631-543-5355, [email protected]