MCLEAN, Va., Oct. 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Nearly seven out of 10 Americans have created some type of ultimate ‘to-do' list*, and a recent Hilton Garden Inn survey shows travel tops most Americans' bucket list. Today Hilton Garden Inn announced the grand prize winners of its ‘Life's Ultimate To-Do List' contest, giving 11 people the opportunity to make their ultimate travel ‘to-do' a reality.
The 11 grand prize winners will receive the prize of a lifetime: a 3-day/2-night trip totaling approximately $5,000, which includes roundtrip airfare to their destination of choice, hotel accommodations at a Hilton Garden Inn, and money to spend on the activity.
Consumers entered the contest from August 8th through September 2nd on Hilton Garden Inn's Facebook page. A Hilton Garden Inn panel selected the winners based on the following criteria: creativity, originality, fit to contest theme, and geographic proximity of activity to a Hilton Garden Inn hotel location. With over 2,600 compelling entries, the panel expanded the prize to include 11 winners. The grand prize winners and their ultimate ‘to-do' list items are below:
- Angela Anderson (Lumberton, MS): Experience The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios
- Dena Anderson (Wheeling, WV): Go hot air ballooning in Albuquerque, NM
- Emily Barklage (Eureka, MO): Take cooking lessons in Italy
- Debbie Beshears (Cockeysville, MD): Tour New York City with her mother as a gift for taking care of her sick husband
- Brandon Bethea (San Diego, CA): Go kayaking with Orcas in the Pacific Northwest
- Patricia Brousseau Caradonna (Lake Helen, Florida): Turn 50 in the oldest city in America, St. Augustine, Florida
- Diane Eggen (Shakopee, MN): Visit Graceland to pay tribute to the king of rock-n-roll, Elvis Presley
- Linda Handling (Waunakee, WI): Visit her family's home in Krakow, Poland
- Shawna Martin Grim (Polk City, IA): Get re-married in Las Vegas
- Genevieve Mazzeo (Omaha, NE): Continue her quest to bike ride in all 50 States by going to Alaska
- Skylene Rethford (Oklahoma City, OK): Fulfill the skydiving pact she made with her 18-year-old son
"Our contest confirmed America's wanderlust and the premium they place on travel," said Judy Christa-Cathey, vice president, Global Brand Marketing for Hilton Garden Inn. "Hilton Garden Inn is all about facilitating our guests' success and we're thrilled to help these 11 winners fulfill their travel dream."
For more information, or to contribute to Hilton Garden Inn's ever-growing Ultimate To-Do list, visit the Hilton Garden Inn Facebook page at www.facebook.com/HiltonGardenInn. For access to media materials and assets, please visit www.hgimediacenter.com/ultimatetodolist.
* To better understand Americans' attitudes and behaviors related to ultimate to-do lists, Hilton Garden Inn conducted an omnibus survey of Americans, 18 years of age and older. ORC international fielded the telephone survey among a nationally representative sample of 1,011 Americans over the age of 18. Interviewing for these CARAVAN® Surveys was completed between April 21 and April 24, 2011. Results have a margin of error of +/- 3.1% at the 95% confidence level.
About Hilton Garden Inn
Hilton Garden Inn is the award-winning, value-focused and dependable hotel brand guests can count on to ensure they have everything they need to find success on the road. From our oh-so-comfortable Garden Sleep System® bed to complimentary Wi-Fi Internet access in all guestrooms, count on Hilton Garden Inn to support its guests on their roads to success, through a trusted and appreciative experience forging a loyal relationship. Whether on the road for personal or business reasons, Hilton Garden Inn offers the reliable amenities and services for guests to sleep deep, stay fit, eat well and work smart while away from home. For more information about our locations around the globe, visit www.hgi.com or call 1-877-STAY-HGI.
About Hilton Worldwide
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For 92 years, Hilton Worldwide has been offering business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. The company is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Its brands are comprised of more than 3,750 hotels and 615,000 rooms in 84 countries and include Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®. For more information about the company, visit www.hiltonworldwide.com.
SOURCE Hilton Garden Inn