NEW YORK, April 30, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Hong Kong Science & Technology Parks Corporation (HKSTP) will lead a select group of start-ups based at the Park, to participate in TechCrunch Disrupt NY 2015.
Offering ready-to-go business solutions, these companies will have an unprecedented opportunity to promote their game-changing technology to potential buyers, as well as attract further investment.
One of the most anticipated technology conferences of the year, TechCrunch Disrupt NY 2015 will take place from May 4-6, 2015 in New York. The nine-company HKSTP-led delegation represents the best of Hong Kong ingenuity in the areas of mobile music, apps for lifestyle and learning, virtual reality software, green technology, e-commerce software, 3D printing and smartphone technology.
"HKSTP's technology companies on show at TechCrunch Disrupt NY 2015 are the next generation of technological innovation in their respective fields, and for investors this could mean significant returns, especially since these companies' products have already demonstrated their potential or are already sought-after items," said Mr Allen Yeung, Chief Corporate Development Officer, HKSTP.
"As we continue to foster and drive innovation in Hong Kong, our goal is to solidify the city's position as the global tech start-up hub, where companies will have the necessary support through organisations such as HKSTP and the ideal environment, to bring their ideas to life."
Two companies in particular, 3DP Technology Ltd. and Aivvy (HK) Co., Limited, have already piqued the interest of early adopters and potential buyers with their well-developed products.
3DP Technology Ltd., which develops and manufactures 3D printers for students as well as small and medium-sized businesses, won a Gold Medal at the renowned 43rd International Exhibition of Inventions of Geneva. This company's products can print out items ranging from 1,800 to 60,000 cubic centimeters. Printable materials include plastics, ceramics, metals, and even chocolate.
Aivvy (HK) Co., Limited's self-learning music player, the Aivvy Q smart headphones, offers personalised music through the Aivvy cloud. Interest in this product was high from the beginning, with the company reaching its US$125,000 crowdfunding goal in just 26 hours on Kickstarter. The Aivvy Q is one of the most anticipated consumer goods on Kickstarter.
Another seven companies will also participate in the show, including:
- 18000rpm Limited – the company specialises in developing mobile apps for the motorsport enthusiast. Currently the company has built two apps, iLapTimer and iAlign. They are going to TechCrunch Disrupt to get their name out and do their first raise.
- Aroy Innovation Company Limited - MakersVR is an app to make, discover, experience and share virtual reality / 360° content quickly and easily with just a smartphone. Aroy Innovation is doing an angel raise in TechCrunch Disrupt. Come view their demo and meet Steven, the American founder, in the Alley under Social, Media & Entertainment, located alphabetically under "A".
- Bravolol - Developed a proprietary algorithm that has driven 45+ millions of downloads worldwide and was ranked #4 in 2014 for the most downloaded Google Play Publisher in education category. With its self-enhancing amplification effect, Bravolol aims to be the one place for language education.
- Delight Power Products Limited – Its Internet-of-Things Lighting control system saves 30% of upfront lighting project cost and 30% of energy compared to traditional solution. The company is looking at a US$ 100 billion market.
- Holistic Technology Company Limited - SoldEazy™ is an innovative platform that empowers Chinese retailers to expand business rapidly across global online marketplaces. With SoldEasy™, retailers manage product information in a one-stop manner and can instantly share to different marketplaces. By solving problems that are common for the Chinese market, SoldEasy™ can bring their products to the world in a simplified workflow and at a reduced cost.
- MobileE2E Limited - Sharepoint was built for yesterday's PCs, Apptrify is designed for today's mobile devices. If you're one of the 1.3 billion mobile workers worldwide, access to information in the office and collaboration with colleagues while you're on the go can be challenging. Apptrify's patent pending technology mobilizes your forms/surveys, on premise applications, task management with teams and data from mobile sensors. You can deploy Apptrify with as little as $5/month per user and it starts to work for you in minutes, versus taking more than three months and spending about USD50-100K for a customized solution plus ongoing maintenance.
- NexPack Limited – Its product, nexpaq, is a modular smartphone case. Each module adds a unique function to our smartphone, such as extra power or a blood-glucose monitor. One nexpaq case can hold up to 6 modules, all working at once. These modules can be shared between iPhone and Android.
TechCrunch Disrupt NY 2015 goers are invited to attend the Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Pavilion at Manhattan Center, 311 West 34th Street, New York, NY 10001 from May 4-6 (9:00am-6:00pm), to meet and witness the technologies by the above companies.
For more information on HKSTP or the technology companies, please visit www.hkstp.org.
About Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation
Comprising of Hong Kong Science Park, InnoCentre and Industrial Estates, Hong Kong Science & Technology Parks Corporation (HKSTP) is a statutory body dedicated to advancing innovation and technology for Hong Kong. Established in May 2001, HKSTP has been driving the development of Hong Kong into a regional hub for innovation and growth in several focused clusters including Biotechnology, Electronics, Green Technology, Information Technology & Telecommunications, and Precision Engineering. We enable science and technology companies to nurture ideas, innovate and grow through the support provided by our R&D facilities, infrastructure, services and programmes which consist of full service incubation programmes for technology start-ups, and market focused laboratories to leverage on state-of-the-art technologies to undertake transformation and advance to new stage of developments. Technology businesses benefit from our specialised R&D services in Hong Kong Science Park; design enterprises can find design-related innovation at InnoCentre, and skill-intensive businesses are being served by our three industrial estates at Tai Po, Tseung Kwan O and Yuen Long.
More information about HKSTP is available at www.hkstp.org.
SOURCE Hong Kong Science & Technology Parks Corporation