NEW YORK, Dec. 14, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The recently held 2017 HOMBRE Men of The Year Awards presented by Hennessy V.S.O.P. Privilege celebrated achievement at the highest level, aiming to inspire and empower the next generation of multicultural professionals.
Award honorees stand out as role models and embody HOMBRE Magazine's mission of success, and uplifting involvement with the community. They exemplify the very best America has to offer.
This year's honorees included:
- Chef & Restaurateur of the Year - 'MasterChef' judge Aarón Sánchez,
- Athlete of the Year - Boxing Champion and Hennessy Brand Ambassador Saúl 'Canelo' Álvarez
- Fashion Designer of the Year - CFDA designer Carlos Campos,
- Arts & Culture Trailblazer of the Year - Ballet Hispanico CEO and Artistic Director Eduardo Vilaro,
- Technology Innovator of the Year - Businessman and CEO of VIVA Entertainment Group Johnny Falcones,
- Fragrance & Grooming Trailblazer of the Year - Fragrance creator Rodrigo Flores-Roux.
For more than a decade HOMBRE Magazine (www.hombre1.com) has been promoting and inspiring Latin men to live their best lives. The brand remains the only media outlet targeting Latin men in an upscale environment, presenting the world's best brands and lifestyle experiences in an aspirational context that provides readers with a blueprint for triumph.
Hennessy, the world's best-selling Cognac, served as the title sponsor celebrating Latinos. This year, Hennessy aligned with Canelo Alvarez, one of the honorees, to celebrate the notion of "Never stop. Never settle."
The event was also sponsored by Ford Motor Co. and VivaliveTV.
"Our inaugural awards recognized Latinos who are truly making a difference in their communities and who are inspiring the next generation of young men to achieve their full potential," says Francisco Romeo, editorial director and founder of HOMBRE Magazine.
In addition to the Awards ceremony, HOMBRE has developed a charitable element consisting of a silent auction with items and experiences donated from the honorees. These include the opportunity to attend a 'Canelo' Álvarez fight, participate in a unique dining experience crafted by chef Aarón Sánchez, design a singular fragrance with Flores-Roux, or front row tickets to a New York Fashion Week: Men's with Carlos Campos; among others.
SOURCE HOMBRE Magazine