NEW YORK, Jan. 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Oyster.com, the hotel tell-all known for its independent and unbiased expert hotel reviews, today announced the winners of its Editors' Choice Awards. The site, which launched in June 2009 with just 250 hotels, was acquired by TripAdvisor, Inc., over two years ago and today has over 12,000 hotel reviews. Oyster's editorial team visits hotel properties around the world and takes photos of the properties that often differ from hotel-supplied photography of properties (famously known as "Photo Fakeouts).
With 33 categories including Best Adults-Only All-Inclusive, Best Kid-Friendly All-inclusive, Best Working Farm Hotel, Most Romantic Wine Country Retreat, Best Party Hotel in Las Vegas and Best Yoga Retreat, the awards span properties around the globe.
Some of This Year's Winners:
- Best Adult-Only All-Inclusive: Jade Mountain, St. Lucia
- Best Millennial Magnet: Yotel, New York City
- Best Kid-Friendly All-Inclusive: Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa, Turks & Caicos
- Best New Chic Boutique: The Miami Beach EDITION, Miami
- Best Working Farm Hotel: Blackberry Farm, Tennessee
- Most Romantic Wine Country Retreat: Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort, California
- Best for a Haunted Encounter: Stanley Hotel, Estes Park, Colorado
- Best Cave Hotel: Gamirasu Cave Hotel, Cappadocia, Turkey
- Best in the Big Apple: The St. Regis New York, New York City
- Best Party Hotel in Las Vegas: Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas
- Coolest Pool Scene in Miami: 1 Hotel South Beach, Miami
- Best for Celebrity Sightings: Chateau Marmont, Los Angeles
- Best for Spa Pampering: Parrot Cay, Turks & Caicos
- Best Retro Motel: The Motor Lodge, Prescott, Arizona
- Best New All-Inclusive: Secrets Puerto Los Cabos, Mexico
- Best Tree House: Aqua Wellness Resort, Nicaragua
- Best European Castle: Bovey Castle Hotel, England
- Coziest Bed-and-Breakfast: Winvian, Connecticut
- Best: Yoga Retreat: Haramara Retreat, Mexico
See the full list.
How The Awards Came To Be
Executive Editor Kelsey Blodget comments, "Our in-house editors came up with a list of finalists for each category and in true Oyster fashion, carefully deliberated the pros and cons of each candidate. Our selections were made after long and thoughtful consideration, based on expertise gained from editing literally thousands of hotel reviews.
Oyster.com, The Hotel Tell-All, is the Web's hotel truth serum. Its mission is to deliver unbiased, expert information about hotels and make it easy to discover the perfect destination. Oyster sends trained hotel experts to visit each property in person, and publishes comprehensive, honest photos and journalistic reviews so that travelers know what to really expect when they arrive. Oyster has been featured by hundreds of media outlets, including The Today Show, 20/20, the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, and The Economist. The site currently has in-depth reviews of 12,000 hotels in hundreds of cities, including New York City hotels, Miami hotels and London hotels, and covers more than 1,000 hotels every month. Oyster.com was founded in 2008, launched in 2009 and is currently a part of TripAdvisor, Inc.
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to plan and book the perfect trip. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of travelers and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features with seamless links to booking tools that check hundreds of websites to find the best hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 350 million unique monthly visitors**, and more than 290 million reviews and opinions covering 5.3 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions. The sites operate in 47 countries worldwide.
TripAdvisor, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRIP) manages and operates websites under 23 other travel media brands: www.airfarewatchdog.com, www.bookingbuddy.com, www.cruisecritic.com, www.everytrail.com, www.familyvacationcritic.com, www.flipkey.com, www.thefork.com (including www.lafourchette.com, www.eltenedor.com, www.iens.nl, www.besttables.com and www.dimmi.com.au), www.gateguru.com, www.holidaylettings.co.uk, www.holidaywatchdog.com, www.independenttraveler.com, www.jetsetter.com, www.niumba.com, www.onetime.com, www.oyster.com, www.seatguru.com, www.smartertravel.com, www.tingo.com, www.travelpod.com, www.tripbod.com, www.vacationhomerentals.com, www.viator.com, and www.virtualtourist.com.
*Source: comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor Sites, worldwide, July 2015
**Source: TripAdvisor log files, average monthly unique users, Q3 2015