NEW YORK, May 15, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Peter G. Peterson Foundation will convene the 2017 Fiscal Summit: Rising Debt in a Changing Economy on Wednesday, May 23, 2017 at the Andrew W. Mellon Auditorium in Washington, DC. As America faces the dynamic combination of an evolving economy, a crowded legislative agenda, a new political landscape and an unsustainable fiscal outlook, the 2017 Fiscal Summit will bring together leading voices and policymakers from across the political spectrum to discuss the national policy agenda, its connection to our growing national debt, and solutions to put us on a better path.
As Congress and the administration consider reforms in a number of policy areas, including healthcare, taxes, infrastructure, and trade and more, the Fiscal Summit will explore the significant fiscal implications of current proposals, and examine the opportunities that exist for policy solutions which are sustainable, fiscally responsible, and supportive of economic growth.
2017 Summit participants will include:
- Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), House of Representatives Democratic Leader
- Rep. Steny H. Hoyer (D-MD), House Democratic Whip
- Sen. John S. McCain (R-AZ), Chairman of the Committee on Armed Services
- Sen. Mark Warner (D-VA), Member of the Senate Budget Committee
- Rep. Kevin Brady (R-TX), House Ways and Means Committee Chairman
- Rep. Charlie Dent (R-PA), Member of the Committee on Appropriations
- Michael Mullen, USN (Ret.), 17th Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
- Sylvia Mathews Burwell, Former Secretary of Health and Human Services
- Joshua Bolten, President and CEO, Business Roundtable
- James Capretta, Resident Fellow and Milton Friedman Chair at the American Enterprise Institute
- Jason Furman, Senior Fellow, Peterson Institute for International Economics
- Atul Gawande, Professor of Health Policy and Management at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
More information about the Summit is available at: www.fiscalsummit.org.
To request press credentials to attend the Fiscal Summit, please email Joanna Hill at JoannaHill@rational360.com. Space is limited.
WHAT: 2017 Fiscal Summit: Rising Debt in a Changing Economy
WHEN: Tuesday, May 23, 2017
WHERE: Andrew W. Mellon Auditorium in Washington, DC
About the Peter G. Peterson Foundation
The Peter G. Peterson Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan organization that is dedicated to increasing public awareness of the nature and urgency of key fiscal challenges threatening America's future, and to accelerating action on them. To address these challenges successfully, we work to bring Americans together to find and implement sensible, long-term solutions that transcend age, party lines and ideological divides in order to achieve real results. To learn more, please visit www.pgpf.org.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/house-democratic-leader-nancy-pelosi-house-democratic-whip-steny-hoyer-sen-john-mccain-sen-mark-warner-house-ways-and-means-committee-chairman-kevin-brady-rep-charlie-dent-business-roundtable-president-and-ceo-josh-bolten-300457706.html
SOURCE Peter G. Peterson Foundation