SAN FRANCISCO, July 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Back to school is a busy time for families, especially Moms. Kids may be the ones heading back to books and homework, but according to Plum District, Moms go through a big transition at this time as well.
Plum District recently surveyed its members* to uncover how Moms feel and what they really want during back to school season and made some surprising discoveries. Among other things, the survey revealed that back to school is more emotionally tolling for Mom than the kids; she is the saddest family member when school starts and she feels some stress as she finds herself juggling even more activities and duties.
To view an infographic of the top survey results click here or see here: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120720/LA43571-INFO
Among the findings:
- Many Moms are Excited: 39 percent of Moms feel excited, yet another 26 percent feel relieved
- Moms are More Sad than Kids: 40 percent of Moms say they are the MOST sad family member, followed by the kids at 33 percent… and the dog at 21 percent
- Moms' Top Worries: The top reason Mom is worried about her kids going back to school is surprisingly not bullying (that's #2) -- it's whether or not her kids have a good teacher
- Moms are Likely to Cry: 54 percent of Moms say they are likely to cry on the first day of school
- Moms Plan to Write a Special Note: 57 percent will likely tuck a hidden note into their kids' bags
Mom's top requests in this busy time:
- House Help: Nearly half of Moms would like a housekeeper to help with all housework, 19 percent would like a chef, while just over 8 percent said they'd need a masseuse to help relieve stress
- Family Time: The best part of Mom's day during back to school is dinner, with over 37 percent responding they enjoy when the entire family is together
"During back to school time, most of the focus is on the kids and getting them ready, but what many people don't think about is that it's a transition for Mom too!" said Megan Gardner, CEO of Plum District. "What didn't surprise us is that even during this busy time, they still value time spent with the whole family together, like dinner time. At Plum District, we realize it's Moms who need help and special attention. That's why we offer deals especially for moms, by moms to make her life easier."
During July and August, Plum District will feature special offers that will help Mom check items off her back to school list, including deals for lunch boxes, kids clothing and school supplies and books.
For more information on special Back to School offers, visit www.plumdistrict.com.
Plum District conducted a Back to School survey of 2,403 of its members in June 2012.
About Plum District
Plum District provides locally relevant offers moms love. It's a community built for moms, by moms, where local mavens share offers from regional and national merchants. And it's all about putting mom first by connecting her with products and inspirations that make her life easier. Plum District was founded in March 2010 in San Francisco, led by CEO Megan Gardner. The company has since raised over $30 million in funding and expanded into 28 metro markets across the United States.
SOURCE Plum District