LOS ANGELES, Feb. 23, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Hollywood's big night is only a few days away and Fandango, the nation's leading moviegoer destination, is helping film fans prepare for the 83rd Academy Awards® with a special feature available at www.fandango.com/awardswatch.
Fandango's Awards Watch section includes a comprehensive "How to Party with Oscar®" guide by awards blogger Sarah McLaughlin, offering tips on how to plan your own Oscar®-watching party. Among the suggestions, based on this year's Best Picture nominees:
- The Inception Pajama Party
- The Social Network Coffee-Induced All-Nighter
- The Kids are All Right Organic Veggies Extravaganza
- The True Grit Rodeo Chic Whiskey Barbecue
- The 127 Hours Gatorade ® Bash
For more Fandango Oscar® Party hosting tips, check out http://awardswatch.fandango.com/2011/news-and-features/.
Other features that can be found at Fandango's Awards Watch section include:
- A printable Oscar® ballot for tallying votes at your party.
- Red Carpet coverage from Jeannie Mai, celebrity stylist, recurring E! News fashion correspondent and host of The Style Network's Emmy-nominated fashion makeover series "How Do I Look?"
- "How to Read the Stars on Hollywood's Big Night: The Top 10 Oscar Reactions" interpreted by Joe Navarro, a nonverbal communications expert and former FBI Special Agent and interrogator.
These features are just part of the extensive information, videos and photos found in Fandango's Awards Watch section. Film fans can also vote in weekly polls, check out photos from Red Carpet events, and view a full list of Oscar® winners dating back to the first ceremony and much more.
One of the Web's top movie and entertainment destinations, Fandango sells tickets to more than 16,000 screens. Fandango entertains and informs consumers with reviews, exclusive interviews, commentary and trailers, and offers the ability to quickly select a film, plan where and when to see it, and conveniently buy tickets in advance. Fandango is available at www.fandango.com, 1-800-FANDANGO and via your wireless mobile device at mobile.fandango.com.
Fandango theater partners include the nation's leading exhibitors: AMC Theatres, Carmike Cinemas, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, Edwards Theatres, Regal Cinemas and United Artists Theatres, as well as American Cinematheque, Brenden Theatres, CineArts Theatres, Cinebarre, Cobb Theatres, Hollywood Theatres, IMAX, Kerasotes Theatres, Majestic Crest Theatre, Premiere Theatres, R/C Theatres, Wehrenberg Theatres and Winchester Theatres.