ASHEVILLE, N.C., March 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Hyatt Place Asheville/Downtown, the first Hyatt Place hotel and Hyatt-branded hotel in Asheville, N.C., is officially open. Hyatt Place Asheville/Downtown features the Hyatt Place brand's intuitive design, casual atmosphere and practical amenities, such as free Wi-Fi and 24-hour food offerings.
Owned and operated by Parks Hospitality Group, the hotel offers 140 guestrooms with spectacular views of the Blue Ridge Mountains and downtown Asheville, as well as a rooftop bar and lounge, indoor pool and much more. Hyatt Place Asheville/Downtown is ideally located within walking distance to more than 200 locally owned restaurants, breweries, shops and entertainment, making it the perfect place to explore the vibrancy and uniqueness of Asheville. The hotel's central location offers quick and easy access to business and leisure attractions including the Biltmore Estate, Blue Ridge Parkway, U.S. Cellular Center, Thomas Wolfe Auditorium, Packs Square Highland Brewery, Mission Health Systems, GE Aviation, and the University of North Carolina-Asheville.
"We are delighted to add the strength and innovation of the Hyatt Place brand to our growing portfolio," said Trevor Walden, Vice President of Operations, Parks Hospitality Group. "Hyatt Place Asheville/Downtown offers spacious, modern accommodations and its perfect location allows for our guests to explore Asheville's eclectic downtown, rich history and burgeoning culinary and art scene."
Hyatt Place Asheville/Downtown offers:
- 140 spacious guestrooms with separate spaces to sleep, work and play, as well as a Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper
- Free Wi-Fi everywhere
- a.m. Kitchen Skillet™, a free breakfast for guests available daily in the Gallery Kitchen, features hot breakfast items, fresh fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, cereal, fresh-baked pastries, and more
- 24/7 Gallery Menu & Market serving freshly prepared meals anytime, day or night and perfectly packaged sandwiches and salads
- Coffee to Cocktails Bar featuring specialty coffees and premium beers, as well as wines and cocktails
- Odds & Ends program for forgotten items that guests can buy, borrow or enjoy for free
- Meetings Spaces offering more than 2,000 square feet of flexible, high-tech meeting/function space
- 24-hour StayFit Gym with cardio equipment with LDC touchscreens and free ear buds
- Montford Rooftop Bar & Lounge featuring a cocktail-driven social and sensory experience with stunning panoramic mountain views
"Asheville is a lively and one-of-a-kind city filled with friendly people, great neighborhoods and an ever expanding list of great places to visit and things to do or see," said General Manager Rhonda Cunningham. "Hyatt Place Asheville/Downtown will exceed guest expectations and provide them with everything they need while visiting our area."
HYATT PLACE ASHEVILLE/DOWNTOWN LEADERSHIP
Hyatt Place Asheville/Downtown is under the leadership of General Manager Rhonda Cunningham and Director of Sales Stacy Wheeler. In her role, Cunningham is directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the hotel, including overseeing the hotel's associates and ensuring guests encounter the thoughtful service for which Hyatt Place is known. Wheeler is responsible for providing sales service and support to travelers and meeting planners frequenting the Asheville area.
To learn more about Hyatt Place Asheville Downtown, please visit ashevilledowntown.place.hyatt.com.
ABOUT HYATT PLACE
Hyatt Place, a brand of Hyatt Hotels Corporation, combines style, innovation and 24/7 convenience to create a seamless stay with modern comforts. There are more than 240 Hyatt Place locations in the United States, Armenia, Chile, China, Costa Rica, Honduras, India, Mexico, Morocco, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, The Netherlands, and United Arab Emirates. To learn more about Hyatt Place hotels or to make a reservation, visit www.hyattplace.com or call 1-888-HYATT-HP (888-492-8847).
ABOUT PARKS HOSPITALITY GROUP
Parks Hospitality Group owns and manages six hotels in North Carolina employing over 200 associates. They currently have hotels in development in Cary, NC and Greenville, SC and are proud franchisees of affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hilton Worldwide and Marriott International. For more information please visit www.parkshotels.com.
SOURCE Parks Hospitality Group