CLEVELAND, June 30 /PRNewswire/ -- A business IT purchase is no small decision. To make an educated choice, those involved are always on the lookout for trusted information from expert sources. Sure, a case study can be helpful. But it's refreshing to hear directly from seasoned industry professionals, and be able to offer your own two cents, too. To offer this kind of much needed insight and discussion on topics like document management and enterprise content management (ECM), Hyland Software launched a new blog.
"Navigating an ECM purchase can be confusing," said John Opdycke, vice president of marketing for Hyland Software. "It involves a complex set of technologies and vendor marketing that's heavy on jargon and product information. Our blog cuts through this clutter. In plain English, experts address the things organizations care about most, such as the problems they're trying to solve. Our goal is to help potential buyers – and anyone else interested in ECM – identify the type of document management solution, and there are more than one, that's best suited to meet their unique needs."
As an example, here's an excerpt of a recent blog entry:
"It is time to abandon the notion of the mythical, all-encompassing ECM suite. In fact let us avoid evaluating vendors in this market by product definitions altogether. If we are looking to help end-users understand the technologies that make up the ECM market, then we should evaluate vendors and their offerings according to:
- The nature of the problems their product capabilities are optimized to solve
- Their track record solving those problems in the context of specific processes and industries"
For the full post, go here: "You don't know how to define enterprise content management (ECM)? What's your problem?"
Several Hyland experts with ranges of experience – from a former health information management (HIM) director to a government official – are contributing on a regular basis. Covered industries include:
- Commercial: Accounts payable (AP), accounts receivable (AR), human resources (HR)
- Financial services: Banking, credit unions, lending
- Government: Local, state, federal
- Example: Plays well with others: the integration imperative for government document management software
- Healthcare: Electronic medical record (EMR) integrations, patient services
- Example: SaaS solutions: the answer to meeting "meaningful use" requirements in healthcare?
- Higher education: Admissions, development, registrar
- Insurance: Claims, compliance, risk management
- Software as a service (SaaS): Hosted disaster recovery
About the Hyland Software solution, OnBase
One of the largest independent software vendors in the world of enterprise content management (ECM), Hyland Software is the developer of OnBase. An award-winning suite of document management and content management solutions, OnBase has a proven record of solving problems resulting from time consuming, costly and error plagued manual tasks. Today, people at more than 9,300 organizations both large and small in 67 countries have the time to do the things that really add value thanks to OnBase. Available on-premises or as software as a service (SaaS), OnBase installs quickly, cost effectively and is designed to grow with organizations.
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
SOURCE Hyland Software