SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 29, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Hyperledger, an open source collaborative effort created to advance cross-industry business blockchain technologies, today announced the full schedule and initial keynote speakers for its inaugural Hyperledger Global Forum. The event will take place December 12-15, 2018, in Basel, Switzerland. Confirmed keynote speakers to date include:
- Alexis Gauba, Co-Founder, Mechanism Labs and She(256); R&D, Blockchain at Berkeley; R&D, ThunderCore
- Leanne Kamp, Founder & CEO, Everledger
- Bruce Schneier, Fellow and Lecturer, Harvard Kennedy School
- Frank Yiannas, Vice President, Food Safety, Walmart
"From tech and commerce giants and global policy groups to start-ups, blockchain creates new opportunities for collaboration, efficiency, transparency and, ultimately, growth," said Brian Behlendorf, Executive Director, Hyperledger. "Hyperledger Global Forum is the first chance for the worldwide community to come together for an extended conversation about where and how to maximize the value of blockchain technologies using Hyperledger frameworks and tools. The packed schedule features a broad range of content and connections for business and technical audiences. This event is a must for anyone eager to understand blockchain implementations in real production settings, best practices and lessons learned."
Hyperledger Global Forum will cut through the hype and focus on adoption, spotlighting real uses of distributed ledger technologies for business and how these innovative technologies run live in production networks across the globe today. Attendees will see first-hand how the largest organizations in the world go beyond experimentation to lead blockchain production applications with measurable impact.
Attendees will walk away from the event with a clear understanding of the Hyperledger business blockchain projects, how they differ from other ledger platforms, and how to contribute and determine which one best suits an existing architecture. In addition to a line-up of business and technical experts and leaders, the forum will feature demos and presentations from organizations taking the lead in speeding blockchain to market, including Diamond Sponsor, Accenture, and Gold Sponsors, Cisco and IBM.
Hyperledger Global Forum Agenda Highlights:
- Financial Inclusion: How DLT Provides Hope For 1.7 Billion Unbanked People - Matthew Davie, Kiva
- Verifiable Organizations Network: A Production Government Deployment of Hyperledger Indy - John Jordan, Province of British Columbia & Stephen Curran, Cloud Compass Computing, Inc.
- Creating a Blockchain Platform for Our Citizens and Companies - Gorka Oteiza, Lantik, S.A.
- Blockchain is Reshaping the Supply Chain Ecosystem - Roberto Mancone, we.trade
- Teaching Blockchain to University Students and Professionals - Approach, Experiences and Reflections - Imre Kocsis, Budapest University of Technology and Economics
- Wrangling Hyperledger: Usability Lessons Learnt the Hard Way & Proposal For Steps Ahead - Sudheesh Singanamalla, Microsoft Research
- How Consumers Are Taking Ownership of Their Digital Identity - Julie Esser, CULedger & Drummond Reed, Evernym
- Blockchains in the Cloud - Nodes, Clusters, and Distributed Systems - Casey Kuhlman, Monax
- Cryptography, Security Modelling, Privacy, and Confidentiality in Hyperledger - Hart Montgomery, Fujitsu Laboratories of America
- Case Study: Santiago Stock Exchange Blockchain Lending Repository. How to Get a Blockchain Project in Production - Marco Alarcon, Bolsa Comercio Santiago
- Fighting Counterfeits from the Ledger - Benjamin Djidi, Amazon
- The Industry Convergence of Automotive and Blockchain - Jason Bennick and Wes Reid, Dealer Market Exchange
- Securing Cross-Border Exchange of eHealth Data in the EU through Blockchain - Ioannis Komnios, EXUS Software Ltd
- Lessons from 2008 Financials Crisis: Combining AI and Blockchain for Loan Securitization - Siddhartha S & BS Anil, Intain Technologies
View the full schedule for Hyperledger Global Forum: https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/hyperledger-global-forum-2018/program/agenda/
Prices to attend to Hyperledger Global Forum will increase after September 30, register today to save: https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/hyperledger-global-forum-2018/attend/register/
Hyperledger is an open source collaborative effort created to advance cross-industry blockchain technologies. It is a global collaboration including leaders in finance, banking, Internet of Things, supply chains, manufacturing and technology. The Linux Foundation hosts Hyperledger under the foundation. To learn more, visit:https://www.hyperledger.org/.
The Linux Foundation/Hyperledger