LAS VEGAS, Jan. 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Yesterday at the 2014 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Hyundai won one of LAPTOP Magazine's Best of CES 2014 awards for its next-generation Blue Link® system. Blue Link was selected a winner for Best Car Technology. Full descriptions of the winning products can be found here: blog.laptopmag.com/best-ces-2014-awards.
LAPTOP's team of editors and writers reported daily from the biggest U.S. consumer technology event of the year, covering the most exciting products on display via breaking news, photos and videos. Of those, LAPTOP has selected 12 winners for its Best of CES 2014 Awards. The winners include groundbreaking devices that redefine their categories and enhance the lives of users.
"The Genesis Intelligent Assistant combines our next-generation Blue Link cloud platform with a proactive assistant that will help Genesis owners save time and reduce stress," said Michael Deitz, senior group manager of Connected Care, Hyundai Motor America. "This is a great way to show how Hyundai is using technology to enhance the ownership experience and we're honored that the editors of LAPTOP Magazine have recognized Blue Link by naming it a winner at CES this year."
"The mobile innovations at this year's CES will pave the way for an exciting 2014," said LAPTOP Editor in Chief Mark Spoonauer. "The award-winning products and prototypes that made our list blaze a trail for other companies to follow."
GENESIS INTELLIGENT ASSISTANT APP
The Genesis Intelligent Assistant is a proactive app for automobiles intended to save the driver time and provide an even higher level of convenience. The app combines Blue Link features, data from the vehicle, the owner's smartphone and the internet with multiple layers of intelligence. This allows the Genesis Intelligent Assistant app to send proactive notifications and recommendations to the Genesis owner in preparation for their drive.
Genesis owners will no longer need to remember to remote start their car on a hot or cold day. The Genesis Intelligent Assistant app will remind them to do it through their smartphone.
Genesis Intelligent Assistant Functionality:
- By providing commute information and access to their smartphone's calendar, owners can have the app automatically estimate appropriate departure times and send reminders for any upcoming appointments that require a drive.
- Departure reminder messages are determined by up-to-the-minute commute times from the user's current location to the destination, accounting for traffic.
- Temperature outside the vehicle is determined via zip code prior to the estimated departure time. If the temperature is above or below the default level, the user will receive a notification, asking if they would like to remote start their vehicle to heat it up or cool it down.
- Recommendations for gas stations are provided, allowing the user to select a station and send the location to the vehicle's navigation system.
- Vehicle health status will also be communicated through the user's smartphone when an action is required. This will allow the customer to schedule car care for their Genesis directly from the app.
- Many additional Blue Link features are included within the app, making it a single, integrated solution for all drivers' vehicle needs.
- The Genesis Intelligent Assistant app is a framework for the future with additional proactive functionality becoming available over time to provide the customer with the ultimate luxuries of time and convenience.
BLUE LINK ENHANCEMENTS
- Destination Search powered by Google – users will be able to take advantage of Google's powerful destination search via the Blue Link button (voice recognition) and navigation display, or through myhyundai.com and the Blue Link mobile app to send a destination to their car
- Remote Start – now includes an engine timer (1-10 min.), remote stop, remote climate control and remote defroster
- Automatic Collision Notification (ACN) and SOS Emergency Assistance –includes user-selected emergency contacts notification via SMS and e-mail
ASSURANCE CONNECTED CARE SERVICE
Assurance Connected Care makes Hyundai the only non-premium automaker to offer a complete package of complimentary safety and car care services to its owners. Assurance Connected Care is a suite of safety and car care features providing Hyundai owners with free proactive services including automatic collision notification, SOS emergency assistance, enhanced roadside assistance, monthly vehicle diagnostics reports and maintenance alerts. Assurance Connected Care makes Hyundai the first manufacturer to include this degree of built-in safety and car care services standard for three years. The service is fully transferable to subsequent owners within three years of the vehicle's date of first use.
HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA
Hyundai Motor America, headquartered in Costa Mesa, Calif., is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Co. of Korea. Hyundai vehicles are distributed throughout the United States by Hyundai Motor America and are sold and serviced through more than 820 dealerships nationwide. All Hyundai vehicles sold in the U.S. are covered by the Hyundai Assurance program, which includes the 5-year/60,000-mile fully transferable new vehicle limited warranty, Hyundai's 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain limited warranty, and five years of complimentary Roadside Assistance. Hyundai Assurance includes Assurance Connected Care that provides owners of Hyundai models equipped with the Hyundai Blue Link telematics system with proactive safety and car care services, complimentary for three years. These services include Automatic Collision Notification, Enhanced Roadside Assistance, Vehicle Diagnostic Alert, Monthly Vehicle Health Report and in-vehicle service scheduling.
For more details on Hyundai Assurance, please visit www.HyundaiAssurance.com
SOURCE Hyundai Motor America