CHICAGO, March 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Developed by Image Portal and represented by ICAP Ocean Tomo, the key to this technology are the overlapping display tiles comprised of organic light emitting device (OLED) based regions which work together to create a continuous display area. The assets in this portfolio will be auctioned off at ICAP Ocean Tomo's Spring 2011 Live IP Auction on March 31, 2011 in New York City.
Key Characteristics & Benefits
The assets disclose the following:
- The disclosed device has multiple display tiles comprising OLED (Organic Light Emitting Device) based display regions with multiple pixel elements.
- A portion of each tile is tilted at an angle with respect to its neighbors, while the remaining portion is kept underneath the display area of an adjacent tile and is used for electrical connections.
- A seamless, continuous display with pleasing aesthetic appearance can be constructed from smaller, more cost-effective components. This enables display site maintenance, and repair without the need to replace the whole display.
- The disclosed display can be designed in various sizes and shapes, including square, rectangular, and other complex shapes, without compromising display quality.
- In addition, an OLED backlight can be used to illuminate the pixels and hence can be used to enhance display quality in LCD screens.
- OLED-based displays have higher power efficiency, thermal stability, and lifetime. For these reasons, they are well suited for various critical applications, such as automotive dashboards and instrumental panels.
The assets will be of interest to the following applications and industries:
- Display devices are used to build larger seamlessly-tiled displays from very cost effective smaller components. This is especially attractive for professional usage in shopping malls, sports arenas, and general advertising applications.
- This lot should be of interest to companies manufacturing large displays, gaming consoles, computers, medical device equipment, and televisions.
- The global market for electronic displays was expected to be around $141 billion in 2010, while the OLED display market is expected to reach $7.1 billion by 2016.(1) (2)
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio: Contact Dean Becker of ICAP Ocean Tomo at Dean.Becker@us.icap.com
About ICAP Ocean Tomo LLC
ICAP Ocean Tomo is the intellectual property brokerage division of ICAP and the world's premier patent auction firm.
ICAP is the world's premier interdealer broker and provider of post trade services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, foreign exchange, emerging markets, equities and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. ICAP plc was added to the FTSE 100 Index on 30 June 2006. For more information go to www.icap.com.
SOURCE ICAP Ocean Tomo LLC