CHICAGO, March 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Developed by Paul J. Kurzrok, this patented system addresses the lack of efficient resources for collecting feedback on and evaluating the growing number of websites that exist online. The portfolio will be auctioned at ICAP Ocean Tomo's Spring 2011 Live IP Auction on March 31st in New York.
Key Characteristics & Benefits
The technology in this lot pertains to the following:
- A method which provides an automatic rating system for website content.
- Collecting and measuring feedback is key. The success of an individual website relies heavily on the quality of the user experience. As a result, there are substantial benefits to seeking and utilizing feedback.
- This system provides a website host that generates a database which gathers and assembles ratings into an easily readable and useful format.
- Ratings include user feedback and information concerning related advertising, articles, and voting records for online contests or sweepstakes.
- This device is capable of receiving, storing, generating, compiling, and combining reader ratings on articles and advertisements, measuring both the total numbers of readers and the percentage that have rated the content. It combines all of this information into succinct rankings (i.e.: excellent, good, fair, no value).
- Ratings can be used to provide insightful feedback to advertisers and function as a payment indicator for writers.
- This lot has been cited by many industry players, including Google, Amazon.com, Fujitsu, and Opinionlab.
This lot should be of interest to entities involved in online information sharing, advertising agencies, online contests and sweepstakes, and website analytics solutions.
- The US online advertising market is expected to reach $50.3 billion in revenue by 2011, while online readership is growing at 28.5% a year.(1)
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio:
Contact Dean Becker of ICAP Ocean Tomo at Dean.Becker@us.icap.com
About ICAP Ocean Tomo LLC
ICAP Ocean Tomo is the intellectual property brokerage division of ICAP and the world's premier patent auction firm.
ICAP is the world's premier interdealer broker and provider of post trade services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, foreign exchange, emerging markets, equities and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. ICAP plc was added to the FTSE 100 Index on 30 June 2006. For more information go to www.icap.com.
SOURCE ICAP Ocean Tomo