CHICAGO, March 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- No longer will you be forced to play newspaper origami in the subway or struggle to read from a tablet screen as you hustle down the street. While the majority of data on the Internet is text-based, the most efficient method of absorbing this information is through audio. ICAP Ocean Tomo announces the auction of a patent portfolio, developed by Mr. Jeremy Friedman and Dr. Howard Steven Friedman that provides a unique system of text to audio/speech conversion of online content.
The portfolio will be auctioned off at ICAP Ocean Tomo's Spring 2011 Live IP Auction on March 31, 2011 in New York City.
Key Characteristics & Benefits
The patent discloses the following:
- A method and system to customize delivery of an audio version of Internet-based textual data to multiple users.
- Textual data is stored by one or more content providers, while a preference manage-ment component stores user preferences, such as content, delivery method, and audio format.
- This patent answers an existing need in the marketplace for tools that require minimal human intervention for converting textual content to audio files.
- When a user makes a request, the relevant textual content is selected from a content provider based on the user preference and then disaggregated into multiple sub units according to a predefined content classification.
- A content classification code defines the nature of information present in a sub unit of a file, for example, an online news portal may consist of archives and recent news articles, which can have different classification codes.
- The content classification enables users to search the content and select the desired information for audio conversion. Once relevant files are identified, they are automatically converted into one or more audio files based on user preferences.
- Automatic speech recognition and text-to-speech software can then be used to enable generation of the voice track.
- The audio files are then delivered to the user.
This lot should be of interest to software service and content providers:
- The global software market for such technologies is expected to rise from $13.6 billion in 2010 to $18.9 billion in 2015, while the online content distribution market is projected to reach $3.5 billion by 2012.(1)(2)
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio:
Contact Dean Becker of ICAP Ocean Tomo at Dean.Becker@us.icap.com
About ICAP Ocean Tomo LLC
ICAP Ocean Tomo is the intellectual property brokerage division of ICAP and the world's premier patent auction firm.
ICAP is the world's premier interdealer broker and provider of post trade services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, foreign exchange, emerging markets, equities and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. ICAP plc was added to the FTSE 100 Index on 30 June 2006. For more information go to www.icap.com.
SOURCE ICAP Ocean Tomo