CHICAGO, March 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Available at the upcoming ICAP Ocean Tomo Spring 2011 Live IP Auction, this patent portfolio discloses dynamic display floor mats for use in information, promotion, or advertising.
Key Characteristics & Benefits
This patent lot discloses the following:
- A floor display system with electronically modifiable messages and dynamic images.
- The floor display system generally encompasses a floor covering and an electronic display device associated with the floor covering which is in a plane substantially parallel to the floor.
- The electronic device displays modifiable content related to advertisements and marketing, and the floor covering is adapted to at least partially support the position of the electronic display device.
- The floor display systems are collectively broad in scope yet expressly tailored to also claim commercially important features, such as wireless communications, variable image orientation, networks, and sensors.
- A sensing device and controller that can be associated with the display can ensure that display content can be modified and newly generated at a specific location or orientation when needed.
- This lot has been cited by significant industry players such as LG Display Company and Sony Corporation.
This patent lot should be of interest to entities involved in billboards, displays, marketing, digital advertising, or other industries where getting timely, contextual information to pedestrian traffic is important.
- The Digital Place-based Advertising Association (DPAA) announced that growth rates for the industry sector accelerate by 25 percent every six months, and advertising revenue in the digital place-based sector is estimated to be in excess of $1 billion today. 
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio:
Contact Dean Becker of ICAP Ocean Tomo at Dean.Becker@us.icap.com
About ICAP Ocean Tomo LLC
ICAP Ocean Tomo is the intellectual property brokerage division of ICAP and the world's premier patent auction firm.
ICAP is the world's premier interdealer broker and provider of post trade services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, foreign exchange, emerging markets, equities and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. ICAP plc was added to the FTSE 100 Index on 30 June 2006. For more information go to www.icap.com.
SOURCE ICAP Ocean Tomo