CHICAGO, Nov. 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- ICAP Patent Brokerage, the global leader in intellectual property brokerage and patent auction firm and a division of ICAP plc, the world's leading interdealer broker, is offering for sale technology related to prioritized inter-node communication of data packets for reduced collisions and improved efficiency developed by Darryl C. White.
Key Characteristics & Benefits
This patent portfolio discloses a method for optimizing packet data traffic between network nodes in a hierarchical or peer-to-peer network.
- A robust protocol provides flexible, prioritized access control and a retransmission process.
- Protocol accommodates a wide array of applications and diverse channel media.
- Packet prioritization features can be implemented within many of these network protocols to reduce collisions and improve the efficiency of high value and time-sensitive data.
- The protocol also provides error detection features such as packet acknowledgment and CRC's, while minimizing the communications overhead required for simple devices.
- Transmission priority can be a function of device type, data type, status condition, and/or the number of failed transmission attempts.
- Advantages are: efficient data traffic management, scalability, reliability, low-implementation cost and flexibility.
- The addition of priority-based access and retransmission intervals provide significant advantages over present CSMA communication protocols (e.g., Ethernet and its derivatives, Fieldbus protocols, LonWorks, LnCP, Controller Area Network (CAN) implementations, DeviceNet/ControlNet, IEEE 802.11, et al.).
This patent portfolio should be of interest to those involved in cost- and reliability- critical multiple networking environments including: telecommunications, industrial networks, home automation and appliance networks, smart-grid and utility data networks.
Forward Citing Companies: AT&T, Cisco Systems, Fujitsu Limited, GE, Hitachi, Honeywell, Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V., LG Electronics, Lutron Electronics, NEC America, Qualcomm, Smartmatic International, Yitran Communications
Please contact Dean Becker, CEO of ICAP Patent Brokerage, at Dean.Becker@us.icap.com or 561-309-0011 for more information.
About ICAP Patent Brokerage
ICAP Patent Brokerage is a division of ICAP plc and the world's largest intellectual property brokerage and patent auction firm.
ICAP plc the world's leading interdealer broker and provider of post trade services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, foreign exchange, emerging markets, equities and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. ICAP plc was added to the FTSE 100 Index on 30 June 2006. For more information, go to www.icap.com.
SOURCE ICAP Patent Brokerage